Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » 1,000th post for Jjaba « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Handshake across the imaginary divide to Jjaba with my 1,000th post.

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 130
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Continental Divide?

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4930
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastdetroit, give jjaba your email address for prize. Mazel tov on post 1000. jjaba is honoured to be in this post.

Your show of East-West solidarity, friendship, and international tolerance is admirable.

Tell us now, how do we pronounce Gratiot and Cadieux?

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba,

Thanks, I emailed my email address to you.

Gratiot is graeShIt, Cadieux is Kaeju (ae is the a in Bat), Schoenherr is Shaynr...

East_Detroit, proudly Eastside where my Great-Grandfather is buried in a Jewish cemetary and the Lake is beautiful.

Jjaba

Post Number: 4931
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are the onliest Jewish Eastsider in the history of Detroit since 1950?
jjaba.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1611
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Jewish Council meets on March 16 at 7 PM in the GP Congregational Church where Services are conducted. They have leased space there for a good three years. You are welcome to come across, jjaba, and see lots of eastside Jews in action.
Last year I got to see the Shofar, but did not get a chance to play it. Maybe you can put in the good word for me?

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 553
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The_rock, are you part of the book group that is part of the council, but not affiliated to the actual council?

Jjaba

Post Number: 4953
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rock does the Rosary behind the Torah Ark.

The shofar gets rolled out next September.
Blow 3 longs, followed by 3 shorts.
Then repeat as rebbe says.

jjaba.

The_rock

Post Number: 1612
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not too many rosaries in the Congregational Church.
Actually, jjaba, I did blow 3 longs followed by 3 shorts on the shofar last Fall, and not only did two 800 foot freighters in the shipping channel out by the St. Clair Light answer me, but a moose on Isle Royal went into labor. That horn really speaks with authority.

All I can say is "shofar so good."

Jjaba

Post Number: 4962
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About the onliest comparison jjaba will make to a Shofar waking people up on Rosh Hashanah is the idiots who wake me up at 6am honking horns at apartment buildings on Dexter Blvd.

After Hazen S. Pingree died, no moose have ever been spotted on the Westside.

jjaba, always a good laugh from The Rock.

The_rock

Post Number: 1613
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ditto, jjaba. And I know that you previously told me that you wept at Hazen's funeral.

Jjaba

Post Number: 4967
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba loves Potato Patch Pingree, his mayor in 1893. Rest in Peace (and don't blow a Shofar by his Grand Circus Monument for Crissakes.)

jjaba, on the Westside.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.