Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday, March 8 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11376
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We'll be meeting up at Nemo's this Thursday. I already checked the Red Wings schedule to make sure that we won't be over run by a bunch of Wing nuts, so we should be safe.

I'm going to arrive around 8 pm again, though aside from myself and NDavies, nobody started showing until around 8:30 last week, with most not arriving until 9 or later. I'll continue the earlier start for awhile though, as I hate to keep anybody from coming out because of a late start. Hope to see you thursday!

Supersport

Post Number: 11391
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1529
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like it might be a little quiet tonight Supersport, I know I can not make it. :-( but am trying out the online version.

Supersport

Post Number: 11392
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot fewer calories online. Yeah, hard to say who will show. I figured I'd try outside downtown, just to see how it goes over. If turnout is poor, then perhaps we'll try to keep them inside the CBD for a bit, at least till the weather warms up.

Supersport

Post Number: 11394
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Turnout tonight was 5 strong, thus reinforcing my assumption that participation outside the CBD is often weaker, especially during the winter months. We had two call-ins that couldn't make it, one from the CBD who didn't feel safe leaving their "downtown Disneyland" as they put it, and another that lived in Corktown that simply thought it was too far of a walk for them. Corktowners apparently don't walk. lol

Anyways, next week we are going to give outside of the CBD one more shot before returning to one of the regular haunts. I'll start a new thread for it, but the destination will be The Butcher's Inn in Eastern Market.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

butcher's inn; my neck of the woods! i'm sure you'll get a showing from the multiple lafayette parkers of the forum. [i know gannon will be there!]

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI...according to their website (http://www.butchersinn.com/ind ex.htm), the Butcher's Inn is only open until about 10pm. Maybe they'll stay open later if there's a good FSC turnout that night?

Supersport

Post Number: 11399
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll give them a call this weekend. If they won't stay open past 10, we can always just hop over to Vivio's after 10.

Supersport

Post Number: 11404
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just realized that this Thursday is the Bob Seger concert in which I am going to, so won't be able to make it to FSC this week. I'll still give The Butcher's Inn a call, as well as perhaps contact a friend who is in touch with the owner, to see whether or not they could perhaps extend their hours and extra hour or so that night. I'll post any info here after I find out.

Supersport

Post Number: 11410
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just gave them a call. They said that as long as there were people still there around 10 pm, they'd stay open until they were ready to go. He asked for an estimate and I stated around a dozen. It should be noted that the kitchen does close at 8 pm, and they normally close at 10 pm. So I would suggest getting there by 9 pm if you wish for them to stay open later.

As I stated, I won't be able to make it this week due to the Bob Seger show. As I stated, I would suggest the backup plan be Vivio's after 10 pm if some people straggle and they don't extend the hours. See you next week!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8521
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams also ran into the owner Saturday and asked me to post that he is ready for us to drop in, same warnings as above. (his computer is giving him grief, so you get ME as proxy)

Vivio's is usually not open late on Thursdays, Willis can get cranky seeing a gaggle of near-drunks dropping into his lair dredging for last call at the last minute...ok, he can get crankIER.

There is always Bert's Open Mic night...that is ALWAYS a good time. There have been nights I'd swear the stage is filled with FOUR generations of unbelievably wonderful jazz musicians, you can practically SEE the torch being passed down. (Could be they just roll 'em fat.)

I'll even clean out the loft if anyone wants a quickie tour. Bring your quarter. SO good to have you folks in my backyard, finally.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.