Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC for Thursday, March 14 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8534
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SuperSport is Segering, but we've confirmed that Butcher's will not only be open as reasonably late as we're spending...menu says their grille will only be available until 8 although I think Jams said they have a dinner party that night so they might stretch those hours a bit, but to be safe...if you want to eat before you drink...drop in today or tomorrow for a carry-out menu and call it in on your way down.

I'll save some of you the trip and give you a sampling below. Their number is (313) 566-0966 and website is www.butchersinn.com ...according to their menu that I just picked up at lunch.

Wigley's Corned Beef sandwich $6.50, add .50 to make it a Reuben...my $5.95 tunafish with Avalon Wheaty Wheat bread was outstanding...Burgers $4.65, .30 for cheese...and even a high-end PB&J using Rocky Peanut's fresh-made peanut butter, raspberry or strawberry preserves, and Avalon Pullman bread for $4.25. Soups homemade, today's seemed outstanding, some lamb thing they make once a month with curry seasoning...but I forget the name, it didn't seem to be a good match with the tuna.

Most expensive thing on the menu is $7.00!!

Looks to be a comfortable, varied, unique, healthy AND inexpensive solution for breakfast or lunch near downtown...and the decor is quite comfortable, with Guinness on tap.

Plus, when I went for lunch, I ran into a friend from TWENTY years ago with his wife and two sons...who has probably one of the toughest jobs in the world, PR for the IRS!

Gannon

Post Number: 8543
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a light, but HIGH QUALITY turnout last night...it was all of ItsMom and I think her brother, Jams, Kathleen, Mike (G?), and myself.

I got there after ItsMom left, and I am terribly bummed about that. Hope you drop in on us again, Mom...usually the crowd is larger.

We entertained Mr. Bailey, the owner of Butcher's Inn, until he kicked us out.

Mike and I ended the night at Bert's Marketplace for their Thursday night open mic, and were yet again blown away by the unbelievable performances.

A gaggle of the RiverDance troupe were there, and apparently got up on stage earlier, because the MC and a few others kept thanking them for their performance. I expect them to be back before they leave town...so tonight's Open Mic or even late Saturday and Sunday should be filled with even MORE of 'em.

Gannon

Post Number: 8544
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, we voted in McNarney's Irish Pub for next week.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11418
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good call on McNarney's next week!

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.mcnarneysdetroit.co m/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.