Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » ::: FSC Meetups ::: » FSC Gathering for Thursday, March 22 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2099
Posted on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We'll be gathering at McNarney's Public House.

http://www.mcnarneysdetroit.co m/

I've confirmed with Shannan McNarney that on Thursday, they are open until midnight and the kitchen is open until 11:00. The dinner menu, which has a more extensive list of entrees, is available until 9:30 and after that, the pub menu, which is more sandwich and appetizer based, is available.

Hope to see you all there on Thursday!!

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11424
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ouch...my toes hurt. ;)

Kathleen

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, Sport!!

I just didn't want to post this information at the bottom of last week's FSC thread...and I didn't want to wait lest I forget to post the info about the kitchen, menu options, and closing time since their website doesn't list any of this info.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8625
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SPORT,

I texted you this AS WE MADE THE DECISION!!

If you didn't post it, it is YOUR fault you got stepped on.

NOT your fault, Kathleen.

(spanking over)

Cheers!

Paulc
Username: Paulc

Post Number: 114
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time does everyone usually meet?

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 412
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least you got the date right this week.....

Supersport

Post Number: 11425
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No kidding, two weeks in a row I f'd that up! lol I'm gonna swing down around 8:30.

PaulC,

It's been a few years, you gonna be there?

Paulc

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SS - Yes, I hope to make it. McNarney's is #1 on my list of new places to check out - and it would be nice to see some of the DY folk.

Gannon

Post Number: 8635
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's start this one REALLY early, so the downtown folk who live in the ex-urbs can have a happy hour then go on their way...I'll try to be there near five o'clock for a change.

You hear me, AWFavre?! I'm thinking of you, and BillyB and a few of the other early enders...plus, IF you know anyone of Jeff's friends from the Court, see if they want to stop by, too.

Thought you worked around them. If not, Andy, if you are bothering to monitor us with your board down, please ask around. Wouldn't mind meeting you at some point, too.

Sport? You got second shift this time?!

Cheers!

Supersport

Post Number: 11426
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok champ, just hope you're still swinging by the time I get there in the middle of the 8th round (8:30).

Gannon

Post Number: 8678
Posted on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You'll never see it coming.

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 276
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be in Chicago this week Gannon. In the winter I have Shipmasters' Association meetings in Port Huron (as does AWFavre)on Thursday evenings. The last one for the year is next week, so after that, it's back to FSC. ItsJeffsMom mentioned that she might be going this week if she's able to. I know she and ItsJeffsUncle went last week, but they didn't stay long and were early and I think only Jams was there. I'm sure she'd be glad to see anyone that is there. So make sure you guys say hello to her if she's able to make it.

Gannon

Post Number: 8697
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that is one of my motivations for going early, I was really bummed I missed her...so I altered my late-shift schedule this week. Say Hello? She'd be LUCKY if I quit at that. Heh.

Last week at Butcher's was too low a turnout, although I loved the dialogue and atmosphere of Don's joint. (Mikey, same offer as last week, sorry I didn't get to reply to your e-mail...busy, busy) Stopped in again for breakfast today on my way back from the river...he's as engaging (read:non-commital and uniquely Detroit-hardened) in the morning as at night, we'll have to start a breakfast club there, too.

Funny, with the HIGH westerly wind, it looked like the river was flowing backwards...and all the ice near the shore was applauding the rising sun...it was quite a sight AND sound, I cannot imagine working on the water like you do...beautiful.

Thanks for the update on yours and Aw's Thursdays, tell her I say hello...if she doesn't catch it here. Hopefully we'll see you in a few weeks.

Cheers, and see any and all y'all tonight.

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gannon I appreciate the offer, however I believe that I'm going to have to pass this Thursday, my doctor thinks I have a kidney stone so I'm getting ready to go and have an ultrasound done.

I'm sure that I'll be back to normal next week, hope to see everyone at the FSC next week!

Gannon

Post Number: 8707
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stress from the job change decision?

Anyone else, I'll be there with my hard-cover copy of Spartacus until someone shows. Look for the guy with the dorky Paul Lynde-style glasses, and the silver Palm Pilot and Razor phone on the table...next to a pint of the finest elixir EVER mixed by mankind.

Guinness stout. If you didn't already know it, you flunked the test.

Newbies get a free drink, same rules apply. (that means you, too, Itsmom!)

Might have to get a table placard printed up with 'Itsfriends' on it...

Paulc

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be looking for you Gannon and others - probably will make it down there around 8:00 or so - so hopefully we won't miss the early birds. My Goodness! My Guinness!

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2169
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spartacus and Paul Lynde glasses? Where the hell is manrooter when you need him...

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 192
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Overshare Thread Du Jour

Supersport

Post Number: 11435
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good turnout tonight tonight. Nice to meet some new faces. Next week we are returning to The Park Bar. I'll start a new thread when I get time, as it's been a hectic couple of days.

Gannon

Post Number: 8710
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last night brought another handful of instant new friends...great to finally meet you PaulC (and Jen...heya Paul learn to drive a stickshift so you can finally understand our rabidity with VW/Audi products, if she won't do it I certainly can...you've got to learn how to DRIVE...been riding all your damn life!), Fnemecek (hope you got that grant app done...go easy on that Philadelphia slacker), James (handle-free until he registers, but already ready to drop into our Conspiracy Theory Brew & View at Twingos!), and most of all...our hosts with the mosts Shannon and Lisa (what an absolutely GREAT place, presentation, and crew...a knockout combination that has created an INSTANT classic hang-out joint near the river!)

Jams, Kathleen and the Grillest, Itsmom (this is one GOOD habit for you, darling!), Sporto, E_Hemingway and his belle, Sharmaal...who am I missing?!

Oh yeah...the REST of you. Anyone lurking who seems drawn to drop in on us...please do so...this was one of the warmest, friendliest, most-engaging parties I've ever been to...don't think anyone will be disappointed.

After touring the joint with the Grillemaster, seeing their roof deck and second-floor room with the stage (he's playing Saturday night, giving Thornetta a little rhythm, and wanted to check out the space) and then talking with Shannon's partner Lisa at the end of the night (who is handling all of the music booking for that unbelievable second-floor room), I realized that McNarney's Public House is going to become one of Downtown's most popular music spots.

Austin-north, here we come. More stages, more acts, more choices with killer local music...who needs WDET to promote, we'll do it here. Good to have another willing partner in this entertainment 'crime'. We will steal your boredom, kill your depression, and maim complacency. Just try to stop the wave...ain't gonna happen.

This summer should reveal what happens when two energetic REAL Detroiters, backed by friendly investment money to fuel things, get a chance to launch their dream into reality. From what I caught last night, McNarney's Public House is a winner.

Even the seemingly DEAF GM people think so. The place was FILLED with them for happy hour...wonder where their hearing went, because most of them were just screaming at each other...Type-As can be SO insistent on being heard.

Cheers!

Supersport

Post Number: 11436
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,

What's your secret, caffeine, or sugar buzz?

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you're wrong on both counts Sport.

Co-kie-e-na

Gannon

Post Number: 8716
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't do white for social support...thanks for suggesting it, Sharmaal. It is a very rare day when I will willingly ingest cocaine...and then only enough to take the anxiety OFF of whomever brought it out. I once had a .45 put to my head down in FL, when a client thought I was a cop...same place where we DID such a quantity during what he deemed his Scarface party concept, I ended up with scar tissue on my heart from what my doctor and I think was a minor heart attack. Lessons learned.

My secret for what, Sport, being energetic and engaging?! It's the waning new moon and my decreasing distance to finally achieving enlightenment. You won't get such performance art from me near the full...nor such attention span.

I may not even show up.

I'm entering into another body-reset fast right now, candida is out-of-control, I was wheezing again during my first run of the year yesterday. That is a sure sign I'm on the wrong track nutritionally, again, as with most things in life, it is a cycle that must be attended.

I've been fasting off of weed for over a week, too...perhaps that, in combination with the regular affects of the new moon, is what you perceived.

Plus, I just LOVE people...and last night's crowd and venue combined to make another magical night...like I said, even with five people, last week's at Butchers was prime, too.

Long live the FSC.

Paulc

Post Number: 120
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jen and myself had a great time last night. It was nice to meet several DYers. Great conversations, laughs and fantastic food and beer. McNarney's - well done indeed. Kudos to Shannon and Lisa. To Gannon's point, they seem committed equally on the music/entertainment end of the spectrum. And LOL at the GM folks - truly in their "own world."

Gannon - It was a great pleasure talking with you - you are indeed a "stream of conciousness." :-) Enjoyed our discussion of all things hi-fi, musical instruments, coffee houses and existentialism. And yeah-yeah... learning to drive a manual transmission is on my to-do list. However, it will be a hard sell on those VW/Audi products :-)

SS, Jams, Kathleen, Grillest, E_Hemmingway (met before him and fiance as they were leaving) and Sharmaal- great conversations about music, EBay, disdain for that "other site" and inner-city party store offerings. :-)

Hope to meet up with you all again very soon as time permits. You all encompass that friendly "Detroit spirit" and the passionate commitment to the city. Cheers.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 452
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's the waning new moon and my decreasing distance to finally achieving enlightenment. You won't get such performance art from me near the full...nor such attention span.

- Gannon you sound pretty excited about something! Just hope your not disapointed! Are the spidy-senses tingling or something?

Gannon

Post Number: 8718
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heya, PaulC,

Never said I wanted sell you on the product, I merely want you to understand your lovely other half's (and my) affections therewith.

You might learn a thing or two about consistent cockpit ergonomics, along the way, though. Heh.

Beavis, got some expectations, but need to forget them as they always seem to interfere with true discovery. Heh.

Hell, my big focus this morning is cleaning out the fridge...there was death in there...why the heck did we allow them to introduce frost-free fridges that only thaw/refreeze our foods and introduce freezer-burn?!

After that, I'm open to whatever the Powers-that-Be have for me, although I've got to get up to Royal Joke to finish that project I've got across the street from Memphis Smoke.

Cheers!

Paulc

Post Number: 121
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For you Gannon and my lovely other half (thank you for the compliment - I will pass along) I will open my mind and pop that German clutch :-) I better wait until I learn though - or I may burn that clutch.

Stay happy today and remain on that path of discovery and enlightenment of yours.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2125
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to meet Paulc and Jen. Hope to see you at future FSC gatherings. Enjoyed spending time conversing with itsMom, Jams, Gannon, and Supersport. Thanks, Fnemecek and Sharmaal, for bringing along a couple Detroit Synergy folks after your meeting.

Thanks to Shannen and crew for the great food and inviting atmosphere. And thanks for the fried pickles!! Yum..mmm..yyyyyy!!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.