Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » WSU Earth Week 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Arcas
Username: Arcas

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This week (April 2-6) is Earth Week for the WSU campus. Anyone and everyone is invited to all the activities. And everything is free.

View the schedule online @ http://www.doso.wayne.edu/Eart h_Week_Events_Flyer.pdf

(UGL = Undergraduate Library)

Some of the highlights:

A panel discussion with experts on the history and future of the City of Detroit trash incinerator (Monday)

Two screenings of the doc. "An Inconvenient Truth" (Tuesday)

Come view the WSU H2 Police Car (the hydrogen fuel cell car) (Wed)

Alternative Energy Panel Discussion with faculty members, Wayne County Exec. Robert Ficano, representatives from NextEnergy and more.. (Thurs)

Green Open Mic Night (Thurs. @ Koinonia Cafe - 2cd and Hancock)

Screening of "Who Killed the Electric Car" (Fri)

Mass Transit in Detroit Panel Discussion (featuring Oakland County Commissioner Dave Woodward and Representative of the 26th District Marie Donigan, among others) (Fri)

Arcas

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a quick word of thanks to everyone who came out last night for the screening of "An Inconvenient Truth". The crowd really surpassed our expectations. Thanks for the support.

Please feel free to come on out to the Thursday and Friday events if you have the time. And spread the word.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 153
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Need I ask who from the faculty will be in attendance?

Arcas

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of today's AET debate panel (4-6PM), Craig?

I'm not aware if any of the other AET professors have signed on in the last minute.

But we do know we'll have at least four panel members:

Dr. Simon Ng - Director of my department, WSU's Alternative Energy Technology program.

Wayne County Exec., Robert Ficano.

Dan Radomski, Director of Industry Services for NextEnergy.

And a representative from the Sierra Club.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. I was thinking of some of the hacks from Soc. & Poli Sci. Somewhere along the way a few of these folks forgot the meaning of "free exchange of ideas."

No promises but I'll buzz over if I can get a grip on these damn papers.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.