Discuss Detroit » Archives - Connections II » Save the Date: DetroitYES Forum Picnic « Previous Next »
Archive through May 25, 2007Sbradke87 05-25-07  5:14 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 1649
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I do have water balloons, though.

Only to be used if Karl shows up.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2298
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1 nutcracker coming up... :-) :-)

Valkyrias
Username: Valkyrias

Post Number: 460
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

question...are we to bring food to pass? i know in years past it was suggested, but i don't really see it specified here (unless i totally missed it...which is possible). just wondering, cuz i don't want to show up empty handed and looking for a handout :-)

Kathleen

Post Number: 2299
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We didn't emphasize it, but over on the picnic sign-up page, we simply asked those who sign up to let us know what, if anything, they are bringing. So, if you can bring a dish to pass, it would be greatly appreciated!! See you on Sunday!!

Superaygun
Username: Superaygun

Post Number: 576
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jello shots chilling in the fridge as we type. you guys better be ready to party tomorrow!

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 958
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're gonna twist my arm, okay.

Pam

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What time did the shots arrive? I didn't see any when I was there. It was nice meeting some of you today. I didn't meet everyone. Sorry, I suck at mingling. Maybe next time.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4409
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh they were there alright.... I think maybe you might have left by then. As the day progressed, the weather kept getting nicer.

Unfortunately I had just gotten over a 3 day stomach flu, so I couldn't do any of those Jello Shots, but they sure looked yummy!

It was a true pleasure meeting so many forumers for the first time. I was hoarse by the time I left at 6PM.

Thanks to all the hard work that Lowell, Kathleen and her husband (and others) did to put this on.

It's nice to see what so many posters looked like for the first time! :-)

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 5102
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Sorry, I suck at mingling.

Not really, glad to have met you and your friend, also, Gistok and the rest of you, new to me or not, thanks for showing up, it was great sharing the afternoon with you.

A heartfelt THANK YOU to the organizers and contributers to the picnic, you deserve a standing ovation for the job you did.

And just because I feel like it, GREAT JOB done by the Grillmaster.

All in all, a really wonderful day!!

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 289
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A beautiful picnic in spite of the rain. A big thanks to all the people who worked to make it happen, brought food and beverage, and all the people who ventured out in the iffy weather to celebrate life and remember Jeff, and well....eat and drink, lol....

Pam

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Not really, glad to have met you and your friend, also

Thanks, nice to meet you too. What I meant was I didn't really go around and talk to everyone.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9281
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mingling is an art not easily attempted by reserved ones. I am usually that wallflower, Pam, I'm happy you relieved me of the responsibility.

(it would've been tough to be my 'normal' quiet/hiding observant self in the dim periphery of this crowd though, known most of y'all too long now!)

It was worth finding YOU, Pam, so there!

Yeah, picnic ended like any good jello-shot party should, with a few of us dropping trou and baring our behinds. We ALL lost to Nicole. She rocks...with much better taste in fashionable display underwear than the rest of us. (almost as IF she planned for the competition...h-m-m-n-n, dunno how it started)

SOMEHOW, I got the leftovers home and into the fridge, then I biked to Cliff Bell's to see/hear Audra Kubat make her musical magic...and at the end of the night (I swear this is true and CheddarBob and his lovely other jumping-bean half were there to witness) I met a princess of a young lady who gave me her e-address...and it had the words 'Green Jello Cubes' in it!

Any of you who saw us helping Regan finish her dastardly chemical attack (by volunteering to consume them) KNOW what color I kept doing all day.

Yet another co-incidence in my extremely odd life...??!!

Of course, NOW I feel like I have a three-day stomach flu. Might have to get it amputated. Heh.

Heya, LEFTOVER PARTY behind my loft today, if anyone is interested. We've got a 55-gallon grille and lotsa space and music. And sunshine.

Call, e-mail, or tag me here if you want directions.

Cheers!

Pam

Post Number: 1656
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It was worth finding YOU, Pam, so there!

Aww, thanks.

quote:

Yeah, picnic ended like any good jello-shot party should, with a few of us dropping trou and baring our behinds.

Thanks for ending my regret at not being able to stay longer. heh.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3864
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was great to see everybody and many thanks to the efforts to all who did the work and planning for this event, especially Kathleen and her "Grillmaster" Dave whose burgers are second to none!

Kathleen and her Grillmaster

Gistok, it was kind to mention me above, but in truth the compliments belong to Kathleen, Dave, Jmy8, and Velma who did all the heavy lifting and then the others among us who pot lucked in the extras - like Superaygun's infamous jello shots.

I was only responsible for this last minute collage of ItsJeff.

itsJeff

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4414
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, you shoulda stayed clear of the mayo based salads... and stuck to the oil based pasta salads like I did. After a few hours sitting out one never knows when or if it can turn into Salmonella Salad!

I can sorta picture you as that guy in the Immodium AD commercial with 2 hot babes.... and suddenly... gotta-go-gotta-go-gotta-go right-now... :-(

I'm the opposite of Pam.... never been too shy to walk up to strangers and introduce myself. I had a great time, and was totally "clueless" as to who was who... the only ones I could spot were Lowell and Supersport.

But I am bad with putting names to faces, so I introduced myself to a few people twice, DUH!! :-)

I'm not a drinker, but I will have to make a stop at a FSC meeting now that I've met many of you.

I kept forgetting Kathleen's husbands name (the grillmaster), so I kept calling him Mr. Kathleen! :-)

And it was also nice meeting some of our Canadian friends (as well as folks from other foreign places such as Brooklyn :-) ).

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 3565
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to have missed it, I was at a wedding in Malibu, but was secretly wishing to be in Detroit, with y'all.

Superaygun

Post Number: 580
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it was fantastic to see/meet everyone yesterday! i'm so glad the Jello shots were a hit yet again. (a funny aside: why, pray tell, when i got home was there a forgotten tray of rum ones waiting for me in my freezer? LOL) where was i for this trou-dropping? i just remember the weird keg-handstand ritual, whatever it was called. i'm not much of a beer person, heh...
Pam, i think i just missed you; i think that was you and your party i saw walking off when i pulled up. very sorry to have missed you (and Toolbox, and Velma and soon-to-be Mr. Velma); it would have been nice to chat music with you!
Gannon, sorry i missed the after-party; i went home and passed out on my couch! i didn't have any cash left to get into Cliff Bell's anyways. but i'm sure we'll get to hang out again soon. at Valkyrias's behest i've promised to show my face at FSC's more often...
thanks for the great time, everybody!!

(Message edited by superaygun on May 28, 2007)

Gannon

Post Number: 9283
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, I know, you were already flatlining when you left.

Only reason WE made it was his girlfriend's sparky energy keeping us awake, when she finally hit her wall at Plaka's near 2 we were goners.

The show was amazing, though.

Cheers.

No worries on the intake, Gistok, it was the alcohol-laden jello that causes my stomach unrest this day.

Still laughing about the green jello cubes lady...

Superaygun

Post Number: 581
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to be the source of next-day stomach woes! At least they were fortune-telling Jello shots...

Pam

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Pam, i think i just missed you; i think that was you and your party i saw walking off

I think we left around 3:30? I didn't really have a "party" just my cuz. :-) Sorry I missed you too. I did want to say hi to you, just not your jello. :-)

Kathleen

Post Number: 2300
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to everyone who came to the picnic, despite the weather. Thanks to those that brought a dish to pass or drinks to share!

The picnic is a success due to all of you who come out to meet and greet each other. It was great to have been able to meet some new Forumers, putting faces to names; thank you for coming out; hope to see you again soon. And it was nice to see folks that we don't see often enough.

The Grillmaster (Dave) and I truly enjoy helping to make this event happen each year, and we appreciate your support and kind words. Thanks again!!!

Thanks to Jmy, Velma, Gannon, BillyBBrew, AIW, Lowell, and the others who helped to make this year's picnic happen!!!

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 251
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pics?

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1366
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:"Yeah, picnic ended like any good jello-shot party should, with a few of us dropping trou and baring our behinds"

Jeff would have wanted it that way

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 234
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am back in New York now, but I just wanted to say thanks again to Kathleen and her husband and a thanks to everyone else who contributed to putting the picnic together but who I didn't get a chance to meet.

Glad to finally meet some of the people who post here. I met enough people in the time I was there that I quickly lost count. Will definitely look to being there next year.

Also glad it turned out to be a such beautiful day after the rain and it was a pleasure riding about on Belle Isle to see the place enjoyed by so many so much.

Cheers

Kathleen

Post Number: 2305
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Xd_brklyn, for the kind words. And thanks for waiting out the weather to bike on over and join us. It was nice to meet you!!

Thanks, Gistok! Glad to have finally met you and hope to see you at other Forum gatherings!!

I've heard nothing but good things from those who attended. Again, thank you all for making the picnic a success!!!

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathleen---I was not there---maybe one day jjaba and I will appear in our Bermuda shorts---but anyway, it is most clear from a reading of the very favorable posts regarding the picnic that "you do good work". Just like my former client, Mr. Belvedere. Remember him?

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 961
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I can confirm Gannon's meeting of a woman with a weird and scary coincidental email address. She was sitting right in front of me at CLiff Bells. Thanks again for the hospitality, Gannon. The show at CBs was well worth the nominal cover, too.

SRG, thanks for all the jello shots, my girlfriend really liked them. I believe Gannon called it when he said that you were passed out at home late Sunday.

To everyone else that helped make the picnic happen, thank you. There were several people that were there that I didn't get to meet (because I love to put a face to a name. Or internet handle), but I did meet some new ones.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2307
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Rock: Thanks! And yes, of course, I remember Maurice Lazell, better known as Mr. Belvedere!!

Hope to see you and jjaba at a Forum gathering in the future!!

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 275
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did anyone post pics of the picsnic?

Summertime1
Username: Summertime1

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. Will there be another picnic this year? Can i attend even though I grew up in St. Clair Shores? Geri

Pam

Post Number: 3413
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Will there be another picnic this year?

Probably. Stay tuned. Still a bit early you know.

quote:

Can i attend even though I grew up in St. Clair Shores? Geri

Sure. There are no birthplace or residential requirements.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2028
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.......even if you grew up in Hiterland Livonia?

Gannon

Post Number: 11460
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure 'growing up' at all is a general disqualifier.

But you're welcome anyways!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 413
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good take Gannon - ;-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.