Discuss Detroit » Active Archive » ItsJeff has passed away » Freep pays tribute to Jeff « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 157
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070219/BLO G07/70219045

RIP, Jeff.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 543
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Does McGraw post here or was Jeff that popular? Either way thats cool.

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 927
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a fitting tribute to such a great guy!

Hornwrecker
Username: Hornwrecker

Post Number: 1766
Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the thread over at fark.com he's referring to in the column, almost 300 comments so far. A lot of news/tv/radio people post at fark, so he could have gotten it a either, or both places.

ItsJeff fark thread

ItsJeff's account there is from 2003, so I knew of him over there, before I ran into him here.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 279
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Does McGraw post here or was Jeff that popular? Either way thats cool.

No, he doesn't.

Walterwaves
Username: Walterwaves

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, I never really thought about how many lives you can touch emotionally via internet.

It seems like Jeff will be living on in a lot of peoples happy memories of him.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11302
Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI, Jeff's story was in fact in the print edition of the paper today. Front page of the Local News section, for anybody hoping to pick up a copy. Somebody last night, I believe UrbanTiki, was kind enough to print out some copies of the story and bring with him. Truly a story that reflects just how many people he touched (I know ItsJeff is laughing his ass off every time we say that), whether it be through friendship, a one time meeting, or simply via his online persona on what appears to have been 4+ internet forums/message boards he frequented.

Dday
Username: Dday

Post Number: 878
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need someone to do me a favor. I didn't get a paper while I was there for Jeff's funeral. If someone could get me the actual paper, I will pick it up the next time I am up. Looking like that may be in April.

Thanks in advance

(Message edited by D-Day on February 21, 2007)

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9225
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dday, send me an EMail with your address and I will mail it to you.

dcouvillion@sympactico.ca

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3688
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a very nice audio tribute to ItsJeff now on MichgianNow.org by Chris McCarus.

http://michigannow.org/listen. php?storyID=89

Catman_dude
Username: Catman_dude

Post Number: 94
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Freep article mentions that Jeff probably died from a heart attack. That could be possible considering Jeff went to have a brain scan a month or two ago. Usually you have a brain scan if you suspect you had a stroke(s). Was Jeff considered overweight? Or his diet wasn't particularly good? I guess I ask these questions since my own mother died two months ago from strokes and a heart attack.

Cris
Username: Cris

Post Number: 432
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my gosh... I'm just seeing this news for the first time. What a terrible loss. RIP ItsJeff... Thank you for the many smiles and laughs on this forum.

Digitaldom
Username: Digitaldom

Post Number: 575
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow.. I met him before at a detroityes meeting a year ago.. wow.. that's sad to hear.. I wish the best for his family and friends.. he was a good guy who really cared about Detroit!

Killerkev
Username: Killerkev

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A great guy that I only had the chance to meet a dozen or so times. He will be missed by many including me.

Here's to you Jeff ... :-)

(Message edited by KillerKev on February 21, 2007)

Itsjeffsmom
Username: Itsjeffsmom

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To each of you who posted such warm, heartfelt
messages here, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are far more eloquent than I and your postings made an his death far more acceptable to me. To know that he died with
so many wonderful friends gives me reason to
smile, and even lessens my grief. This has been
an important lesson to me on the power of words
at a time of grief. I have read and reread your
words and will continue to do so as long as this
thread is posted. i invite you all to come to
the annual Belle Isle picnic to introduce yourselves and celebrate Jeff's live with me.
Sincerely, itsjeffmom

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish I could know you. I wonder what you are like. You are kind and I bet you have a beautiful smile, don't you?

Take care of yourself and know that you are thought of at this time by people whom you don't even know. Praying for you and wishing you comfort.

Formerdetroiter
Username: Formerdetroiter

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is so sad. I loved seeing his name in a thread, I knew I'd get a laugh. I never met him but I am thinking now that I should be doing more to connect with people like him.

Itsjeffsmom-my condolences to you and your family and I will take you up on the invite to the picnic this year in honor of Jeff.

(Message edited by FormerDetroiter on March 05, 2007)

(Message edited by FormerDetroiter on March 05, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages here. To participate click JOIN THE DISCUSSION at the left to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: