Discuss Detroit » Active Archive » DEMF partial lineup announced « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fjw718
Username: Fjw718

Post Number: 92
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The lineup so far:

* Anthony “Shake” Shakir Detroit * Baby Ford & Zip I-Fach/London Perlon/Berlin * Booka Shade * Claude VonStroke Dirty Bird * Different World (Claude Young & Takasi Nakajima) Detroit/Tokyo * Digitaline Cadenza * Gui Borrato Kompakt * Guido Schneider * Kate Simko * Kenny Dixon Jr + Band * King Brit * Lazy Fat People * Losoul * Luciano Cadenza * Marco Carola * Mathew Jonson Wagon Repair/Minus * Michael Mayer Kompakt * Monolake * Paco Osuna Plus 8 * Pepo Lanzoni ibiza/spain * Rhythm & Sound 6 hour live with vocals * Richie Hawtin Minus * Vladislav Delay

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 288
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you see kenishi in '05 that was one of my favs!

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how about some Seger?
Toby Redd?

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 274
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is your source?

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Toby Redd?

BSA?

The Look?

You might like this...

motor city rocks

Fjw718

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My source was http://www.demf.com/schedule.h tml

but it got taken down just as fast as it was put up

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 61
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seger at DEMF thats a roit. LOL. I just don't think he falls into the electronic part of Detroit Electronic Music Festival.

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been able to attend the festivals in the past, but would like to go this summer. Any idea why more "mainstream" DJ's like Oakenfold, Tiesto, Paul VanDyk haven't been booked?

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 686
Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be there in a flash if any of those DJ's performed at DEMF or whatever it's called nowadays. My guess is they haven't been because they are either too busy or too expensive to book

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More likely because they aren't "Techno" and aren't from Detroit.

Fjw718

Post Number: 94
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bingo!

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 749
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mod- this festival does not include trance type DJ's as the ones you have listed. It's actually every other form of electronic music other than trance. Although people argue that there is still not enough diversity with the "techno" acts that are usually booked.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tech...no?

http://www.southend.wayne.edu/ modules/news/article.php?story id=1986

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For many a year you been warned; the revolution will not be televised. They’ve confused lied and denied us of our most precious gift that they swore to uphold, our rights. All these years we’ve bathed ourselves in false freedoms tub not noticing that someone was slowly draining the water, one day awaken, we’ll notice our souls cracked and dried ashy without the moisture of freedom! Underground Nation, hear this cry! You have the right. You have the right to raise your voice in a crowded room we call earth, and be yourself, no matter what the fuck they tell you. You have the right to walk in the darkness, or stand in the light, regardless of color, race, and nationality! You have the right to live the life our parents and forefathers believed, free, and over running with choice, no matter what the fuck you’ve been told, you have the right to get down tonight! You have the right of celebration, for now is the time we all walk the edge of a millennium of an unknown future of bullshit aside! Now is the time to enjoy every waking moment, live in a dream, or dance your night away in the different atmosphere, free from the edge and the cares of the outside world Underground Nation, open your fucking eyes and LIVE! For tonight we escape to celebrate upon the dance floor! Can I get a witness? Can I get a witness!

SCAN 7

Paint will be spilled with the color of blood.
This blood signifies all the minds that will be lost in the revolution.
This is not a revolution against government.
This is a revolution against ignorance.

Carl Craig

There will come a time in your life when you will ask yourself a series of questions. Am I happy with who I am? Am I happy with the people around me? Am I happy with what I'm doing? Am I happy with the way my life is going? Do I have a life or am I just living? Do not let these questions strain or trouble you just point yourself in the direction of your dreams find your strength in the sound and make your transition.

Do not spend to much time thinking and not enough doing.

Did I try the hardest at any of my dreams?

Did I purposely let others discourage me when I knew I could? Will I die never knowing what I could have been or could of done? Do not let these doubts restrain of trouble you just point yourself in the direction of your dreams. Find your strength in the sound and make your transition.

There will be people who say you can't - you will.

There will be people who say you don’t mix this with that and you will say "watch me". There will be people who will say play it safe, that’s to risky - you will take that chance and have no fear. You wont let these questions restrain or trouble you. You will point yourself in the direction of your dreams. You will find the strength in the sound and make your transition.

For those who know its time to leave the house and go back to the field. Find your strength in the sound and make your transition.

Underground Resistance - Transition

While Detroit artists make a living trying to free the mind, Tiesto, Joakenfold and PVD are busy rocking the 'Jesus Pose'. I paid $25 to see Tiesto live, he was terrible-- which didn't even matter because his entire crowd was brainwashed to love him.

Fjw718

Post Number: 95
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

agreed

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 83
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

id really like to see a big hip-hop act added this year like there used to be.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

anyone ever hear of DJ P or DJ Z-trip, they are both amazing! http://www.myspace.com/djp

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, however you may categorize Trance, this festival should celebrate all facets of electronic music as its name implies. And why limit acts from just Detroit? This event draws folks from all over the globe. Trance has a big following, otherwise its fans wouldn't vote trance DJ's in the top five every year.

Traxus

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go to Bleu's afterparty.

Paxahau won't book trance; unless they are willing to sacrifice their following which is fairly sizeable from what I understand. I could be wrong.

Fjw718

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.demf.com

Detroit's Electronic Music Festival 2007 to showcase rare performances by legendary Detroit artists Moodymann, Model 500, and Jeff Mills
Movement 07, Detroit's Electronic Music Festival will feature performances by legendary Detroit artists Moodymann live featuring Pitch Black City; Model 500 featuring the godfather of Detroit Techno Juan Atkins; and Jeff Mills, the longtime hard hitting "wizard" of Detroit Techno. The festival will take place Memorial Day weekend May 26-28 at its home in Downtown Detroit's Hart Plaza.

Moodymann (Kenny Dixon Jr.) is a Detroit techno/house artist known for his innovative use of reworked riffs, samples and grooves taken from the City's historically influential jazz, soul, funk and disco scene. Rarely appearing live, his headlining performance at the festival is the first show in support of his upcoming studio album and will include a full stage show with a band.

Juan Atkins, who is widely regarded as the godfather of Techno, began in the 1980s recording what stands as perhaps the most influential body of work within the genre. Model 500 will headline the main stage on Sunday at the festival, highlighting the continuing influence of his music on a global scale.

Jeff Mills is a planetary superstar of techno, an unwearied hero of mega-events and an ace of the three-deck mix; his musical touch has been a force on this city's dance scene for over 20 years. Jeff returns to Detroit to headline the festival with a main stage closing performance on Monday night.

Other 2007 special performances include German producers Booka Shade, who have earned a reputation as one of the world's most exciting live electronic music acts. Their performance at the 2007 festival will mark Booka Shade's first appearance in Detroit. Also performing live will be Octave One, featuring Detroit natives, brothers Lenny and Lawrence Burden, who have released groundbreaking underground dance anthems on their Detroit-based record label, 430 West Records.

In addition to Moodymann featuring Pitch Black City, Model 500, Jeff Mills, Booka Shade, and Octave One, the 2007 festival will feature the following artists (more artists to be announced):

A Guy Called Gerald - live
Abe Duque & Blake Baxter - live
Baby Ford & Zip
Booka Shade - live - First time in Detroit
Brian Sanhaji - live
Butane - live
Christian Smith
Claude VonStroke
Damian Lazarus
D. Diggler- live - First time in Detroit
Different World (Claude Young & Takasi Nakajima) - live
Digitaline - live - First time in Detroit
Gui Borrato - live - First time in Detroit
Guido Schneider - live - First time in Detroit
Hardfloor - live - First time in Detroit
Heidi
Jeff Mills
Kate Simko - live
King Britt
Mirko // Lazy Fat People
Loco Dice
Losoul - live - First time in Detroit
Luciano
Marco Carola
Mathew Jonson - live
Michael Mayer
Mistress Barbara
Model 500 - live featuring Juan Atkins
Monolake - live
Moodymann - live featuring Pitch Black City
Octave One featuring Random Noise Generation - live
Onur Ozer - live - First time in Detroit
Paco Osuna - live - First time in Detroit
Pepo Lanzoni
Pole - live
Rhythm & Sound - 6 hour dj/live with vocalists
Richie Hawtin
Robert Rich - live
Sassmouth
Scan 7 - live
Steve Bug
Anthony Shake Shakir
Stacey Pullen
Vladislav Delay - live

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What no Terrence Parker i know he moved to vegas but what gives maybe proof will bring him in

Northend
Username: Northend

Post Number: 966
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roger Sanchez? Morales? Morillo?

Adamjab19

Post Number: 752
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terence Parker will probably be at an afterparty. Besides he is in and out of exodus and retirement so much...

It's not that all these acts come from Detroit it's just that techno comes from Detroit. Tiesto, PVD and all of those guys would just not at all fit in with the bill, not too mention the drastic increase in price of tickets. Believe me, people in Germany and such who really, really, appreciate techno, even much more than Detroit even does, pay alot of money in travel expenses to come see this event. They would not if Tiesto and PVD were booked. To them and many other people Detroit=Techno whithout even the slightest implication. It's in people's minds that way. It's just how it has been and will always be. It sounds snobish but it would be like going to a rock festival and Kenny Chesney is booked to headline. You would be pissed and/or doubting the integrity of the festival a little. Techno fans would do that with this festival if Tiesto or PVD were booked. Techno is sacred like a religion and very synomonus with Detroit much like the automobile.

(Message edited by adamjab19 on February 28, 2007)

(Message edited by adamjab19 on February 28, 2007)

Northend
Username: Northend

Post Number: 967
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let's hope that this logic doesn't take Techno down the same path taken by the local auto industry....wait......serious paring down of the DEMF over the past several years....Germans...mmmmm!!!

See you in Miami for the WMC in March...

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 64
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Techno gets way more respect in Europe hence the German influence. It's where the money is to be made in the field. As for celebrating all electronic music its does in a way, but really the main focus should be techno, which was created here.

Traxus

Post Number: 73
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

6nois nailed it on the head in a more polite manner, thank you.

Oh, and Jeff Fucking Mills.

Missed him in Jan. because it was a 21+ show.

Adamjab19

Post Number: 754
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Northend I was thinking the same thing a couple hours after I posted the above statement!

BTW if my statement above was the impolite one alot of people must dislike me in the real world! The way I type is the way I talk to people also! Uh oh... Didn't mean any impoliteness just the way it is.

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 305
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tiesto is way to generic even for me.

Traxus

Post Number: 74
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we quit debating the lineup and just applause Paxahau for getting something out four months in advance?

This must be some kind of DEMF record

Fjw718

Post Number: 98
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whoa whoa whoa, whats this???

KRAFTWERK may be in the works?

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 89
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like thats the word on the street.,..

Newlaster
Username: Newlaster

Post Number: 208
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HELL YEA

Claude VonStroke and Mathew Jonson!

Why No Aaron-Carl?!

Bohemianrobot
Username: Bohemianrobot

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend the Hardfloor live set for a proper acid beat down!

Adamjab19

Post Number: 755
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gosh, I would say they have doubled their potential headlining acts since a few years ago then to add Kraftwerk!? They sure would need a "krafty" stage schedule..... ;) That or it may actually be worth everyone's while to actually show up before five! Haha! No more disco naps in the afternoons!

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 626
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they can set up a stage in the Ford Auditorium as well.

Traxus

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where is kraftwerk on the lineup

don't see it, just rumor?

Adamjab19

Post Number: 757
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, just rumor.

Traxus

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time slots are up

Steve bug and Model 500 at the same time

Why?!

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages here. To participate click JOIN THE DISCUSSION at the left to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: