Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » 1001 Woodward Pre-Sale « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070420/BUSINES S04/70420035

Tiorted
Username: Tiorted

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does this have attached parking?

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2558
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, they tore down a block of Woodward and built a brand new deck just so they could do this.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 971
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good to hear there's some progress being made with that one...

still, I worry that they may be flooding the market with too many units with this one... given the large number of units that this project will likely have and it's prime location, if they don't see a lot of interest in these condos it may discourage others from building or renovating residential units downtown (Broderick Tower comes to mind)

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 814
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait, the whole damn building is going condo?

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the sky is falling the sky is falling!

read this to stop yourself from worrying: http://www.book-cadillac.org/Z immerman_Volk_Report.pdf you could also assume that it will probably do well given the success of the other projects and it's location.

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 815
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With all of those other recent projects doing well, I do agree that there is a lot of demand, but how many units could there possibly be in this 1001 Woodward building??? Still makes me kind of nervous.

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were initially only going to put condos on the top floors, but because of the soft commercial office market, the whole building will be condo except for the first floor.

My old office was on the 14th Floor before my law firm moved to the Comerica Tower. It had a great view, although for me it would be wierd to live in that same space!

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 709
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think the success or lack thereof of the 1001 Woodward tower would have much impact on any broderick tower renovation. Different product. Rental vs. owning.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5390
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point, Mind Field.

I was almost sure that this one has sputtered out, but I'm glad its not.

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think 1001 will be succesful just based on location alone. Being right on the doorstep of Campus Martius is a huge point in its favor. It really is a shame the building isnt oriented differently so it opens up to the park, but nothing you can really do about that. Id love a place on an upper floor overlooking the park and CBD.

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 128
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Between this project, the Book-Cadilac, Fort Shelby, the riverfront, and Brush Park,there will be a lot of rich people living within one mile of Downtown. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1 square mile well populated.

What, only 136 square miles left to go? :-)

Eastside_charlie
Username: Eastside_charlie

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At $200.00 per sq ft this seems like a real steal:-)
I wonder what our good tax board will require for taxes.

Thejesus

Post Number: 975
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I assume they'll get the 7-year NEZ break that every other project has been getting lately

Eastside_charlie
Username: Eastside_charlie

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At $200.00 per sq ft this seems like a real steal:-)
I wonder what our good tax board will require for taxes.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5397
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A full hour between a double post? Really?

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amazing, I have...since Sept. 2006 had a deposit on the 15th floor of 1001 Woodward. I have tried to find out what exactly is going on with this building ever since. I have contacted Pierre (Sales Manager) about this on again off again situation at least once a month. I am now finding out through the news paper that there accepting first sales reservations. What about the people who have already put money down? I will find out what exactly has taken place and will let everyone here know what is going on there....It is a beautiful building with great views. Does anyone else have a ?????reservation deposit on this building?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5839
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good-bye bank and office building. Hello megacondos.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5400
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not so sure. I've seen nothing definitive to show that the plans have changed since they were first announced, which included 72 condos on only floors 13-21. The use of the word 'former' seems to imply things may have changed, but it could simply be sloppy reporting. God knows that they've been incorrect in reporting on downtown development, before. That is, unless I'm reading it and missing something every time.

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 166
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Being in the construction field, I originally bid the project as L-Mich stated floors 13-21 back in 2005. Like Artistic mentioned a deposit was put down with numerous other people. With such high demand at the time, they then revised the drawings and added the lower floors, I believe early 2006. Rememember people this project was a Go, before the Book Cadillac, Fort Shelby, @water Lofts and all the other "proposed" projects. This building was ready to be converted.

Yes there is also an attached garage for the residents. The Structure with the CVS, if I remember correctly the 8th floor of the garage is for the residents, with a direct entrance into the building from that floor.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took a tour w/ Pierre last year, and the views from the upper floors are very cool with those large windows. They will have a concierge stationed on the first floor by the elevators, for resident's use (not sure how much association fees will be, though). Excellent location for anyone working downtown, a CVS next door, park across the street, etc.

Artistic

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spoke to Pierre an hour ago. Tommorows Detroit News will have the announcement in the real estate section.They are still holding past reservations from last year by calling the potential purchasers and asking if they are still interested in the building.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG I just had a thought. I sure hope they don't vent dryer's through pvc tubes punched through the granite exterior...or through holes cut in windows...hahahaha. Will they allow satellite dishes outside the windows? Hahahahaha.

Ha

Ha

huh?

Scary thought. I would LOVE to live there...fabulous building.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5403
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Reetz.

Artistic does Pierre or the project have an email address?

Artistic

Post Number: 42
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan here is Pierre's email address. The web site is www.1001woodward.com. It is still under construction and Pierre said it has to be up and running by tommorrow. newdetroit@sbcglobal.net

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5405
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. The website has been 'under construction' for years, now. Glad to here it will finally be up and running, soon.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 782
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many units will be in the building?

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 507
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

soon

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 152
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is gonna be the hottest address in detroit,period.....its a sexy ass building, sleek an tall. crazy views. its amazing to watch The inner core re-mix itself into the beginning of a thrivin center.

Thejesus

Post Number: 988
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

relevant article from last week, pic of inside of 1001 Woodward

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=20077041403 47

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 817
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So did they put an announcement in the real estate section today?

Artistic

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was told that they were putting an announcement for today. Has anyone seen the ad in the real estate section? I'm not in the area so I can not get the paper today.

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 155
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I win the lottery this week first thing im doing is putting down a deposit on one of those units.

Thejesus

Post Number: 990
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no new info here, but freep is advertising the sales event today as well

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070423/BUSINES S04/704230321/1002/BUSINESS

Thejesus

Post Number: 992
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so it looks like the website changed a little bit...you can now register there, and there's also a note at the bottom that indicates that move-in dates will be in the fall...

does than not seem a little soon to anyone else? if that tower is occupied in the fall, it's going to be late fall...

http://www.1001woodward.com/

Charlottepaul

Post Number: 846
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does seem a bit soon. Maybe the units aren't built out, but are like tenant upfits?

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Quicken moves downtown you could see demand skyrocket even more.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 5421
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure why it would skyrocket. Compuware, which had an even larger move to downtown didn't make the market 'skyrocket'. Quicken's move would me another piece of the puzzle, but let's not overstate its importance.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.