Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Grosse Pointe's Moneyman « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Grspointe
Username: Grspointe

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back in 1989, Grosse Pointe Cable aired a television show called "Moneyman". It was about a preppy superhero who fought crime in the suburbs. It became a bit of a cult classic in the Pointes. All of the episodes were taped around the Grosse Pointes and Metro Detroit's east side. Below you will find a link to one of the 9 episodes. Locations include The Edsel Ford Estate, Detroit's Balduck Park, the Grosse Pointe War Memorial, Kerby Elementary School, and Grosse Pointe's Woods Branch library.
http://video.google.com/videop lay?docid=8233807748912483644& hl=en

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2728
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum. Being born in the mid 80s in GP, this was still a little before my time. Pretty amusing though. Grosse Pointe is known for a few things, but certainly not its local access cable.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 936
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not much on that station anyways. Since I was born in the a bit after Mackinaw in GP, I would definitely not know about it.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember watching those episodes. The Mammoth Video on Mack had them in their "free" section. The character would transform into "moneyman" after going through the revolving doors at Hunson's Eastland. Pretty campy stuff.

Chalu64
Username: Chalu64

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who are the players???? We need cast names!
; )

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.