Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Recently posted pics of Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mountainman
Username: Mountainman

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found these pics on the Skyscraper forum. Thought you guys may enjoy them. Shows a lot of the recent projects everyone's talking about

http://forum.skyscraperpage.co m/showthread.php?t=129876

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 252
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow you know if this is an indication of the resolve to re-build Detroit..It really could be a world class city again...Nice reminder of what we have to do and yet ...the potential...

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 942
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/100334.html?1177608984

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 183
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was seeing something great there. I love it.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 350
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i am having deja vu?!?

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Stinky Rose/Woodbridge Tavern burned down? First the Soup Kitchen Saloon, now this!

Despite that sad news, the focus on the positives brightened my day. Thanks for sharing.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good photo series. Not at all like the ones of late that glorify the ruin, like Marshall Mather's movie did.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was showing the pics to friends at work in Windsor and they all think Detroit is looking so cool lately.. They all say they love what is going on in Detroit now and cross often now that the exchange for them is down.. Good comments to hear. It is a great photo essay for those of us who appreciate what is going on now Downtown and the uninformed.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"A good photo series. Not at all like the ones of late that glorify the ruin, like Marshall Mather's movie did"

You're like the only person on the site that calls him by his birth name.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly, I don't wanna glorify the man. My daughter likes him of course, one time I had her listen, and I do mean listen to the lyrics of one of his songs, raps whatever. I explained that his view of women is what's called misogynistic.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.