Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » 1001 Woodward « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 225
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know how sales went at 1001 Woodward on the weekend?

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing in the news yet...

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 476
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would be cool to have a view of Comerica from their.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 107
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think 1001 Woodward has a very good view of Comerica Park, unless you're talking about Comerica Tower.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 478
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Took this from my seats saturday.
It sticks out clearly.

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a positive/negative with this building. Positive - You have full height glass exterior windows some of the best views from the top floors, looking in any direction. Yes, you have a nice view of Comerica Park. Negative - Depending on layout of the units you will be able to look directly into another unit. I also vaguely remember something about the windows not being insulated, or something in that mattter that will make the winters cold.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5445
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The idea of being able to look into another's unit shouldn't be an issue. That is what living in an urban area brings, and particularly in a downtown area.

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 46
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had a deposit on a unit at 1001 Woodward or 7 months. The grand opening this past weekend was to say the least a joke. The announcement in the Sunday paper announces a 2.5% deposit on units. When I arrived for a walk thru, Pierre said that at the last minute the developer has changed plans. The floor plans that people have had will be replaced by adding another unit on all floors and they were not taking deposits because they are unsure of the next step. There were no displays or any organization what so ever. By the way , people who put down deposits in the past, some as many as 12 months ago. The checks have never been put in escrow. At this point...I'm moving away from a purchase at 1001 Woodward.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a mess to stay away from

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 882
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a joke, just typical developers. At the architecture office where I work the developers (our clients) are always changing things around up to the last minute as they should be. When you put down a deposit you are only buying into the idea of what the space might look like, and there are few definite guarantees.

Troy
Username: Troy

Post Number: 204
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at the sales event. I was able to see the 21st, 13th and 5th floors. The 5th not being part of the regular event however I specifically requested a lower level tour.

They did not take any deposits due to a potential change in designs/ layout/ development plan.

Input was requested and future contact is to be made.

The views were quite impressive. The only drawback in my opinion is the non functioning windows. That will have to be addressed to peak my interest a bit more.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.