Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » 1001 Woodward Sales Event « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wabashdetroit
Username: Wabashdetroit

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone heard how the 1001 Woodward sales opening did on Saturday? I haven't seen any press on the event.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2590
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it wasn't answered in this thread then I doubt anyone knows.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/100883.html?1178019155

If there is already a live thread, Starting a new thread rarely gets new answers.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 889
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ndavies should have said: "Welcome to the forum Wabashdetroit. Getting used to the old guys and gals in the group can be difficult."

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a disaster, plain and simple. I have had a deposit on a 14th floor unit for 7 months and am disgusted with the list of misinformation. As of Sunday:
1. no deposits accepted
2. floor plans are changed
3. will not take new reservations
4. no models will be forth coming
5. all deposits were never placed in escrow
6. developer is looking for new partner

Fine to all it....then do not have a announcement of grand opening.

I'm walking away at this point.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2591
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CharlettePaul, Why? The original poster should have at least looked at the thread titles. While we have lot's of info here, We are not google.

(Message edited by ndavies on May 01, 2007)

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Makes you wonder if the Detroit News...will do a follow up with the actual happennings as posted by artistic. This will show that not all projects run smoothly as perceived in the media.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 905
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Ndavies, duplicate threads do annoy me just as much as anyone else, but it was Wabashdetroit's first thread and post, so it deserves some more gentile comments.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 803
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Artistic, that's very disappointing. What was the purpose of the event, then?

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sucks artistic! Sorry to hear that.

So, did anyone actually go to a preview? That video on their site sucks big-time. Nothing like bad music to still-shot zooms and pans. Why bother. It's from the roof too...I don't think anyone will have that view. hahahah

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9007
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I don't think anyone will have that view.

Maybe the president is still around.

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was no one there when I arrived. There were no floor plans displayed or concepts of design intent anywhere. The deposit they said they would be collecting for a reservation from anyone interested in buying a unit was cancelled because the developer was signing on a new partner 3 hours prior to the opening and they need to refigure the plan. This story has been discussed in many different ways over the last year about that building. All I did was ask them to be up front with me from the beginning. As of this moment it has been a huge disappointment as well false truths about what would happen next. Totally unfortunate.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.