Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Merry Frat Pranksters Stumped at UofM « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9021
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Male students at a US university called police after a young woman walked into their house and started masturbating.

Funny how the best stuff happens to other people...but when it is in our far-western suburb we have to learn about it from an international news source?!

quote:

"Obviously, she was very disturbed," Nye said. "It was not how a normal person would respond to people."

Of course, there are a few of us wondering how and why an entire dining room full of fraternity boys didn't respond 'normally'...

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 171
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this a real news story?

She sat there for an hour and a half.....I guess they learned from Duke lacrosse team to do nothing in this situation.

Huggybear
Username: Huggybear

Post Number: 287
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Fraternity members asked the woman to leave the house, but she refused and continued masturbating for about half an hour, Nye said.

While they watched.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2079
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This behavior is no longer normal at fraternities? I must be getting old.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2744
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weird. We found out about this weeks ago here on campus...and it did make the Michigan Daily. I guess Detroit media didn't pick it up, but others have.

Based on a photo that I saw of the woman standing outside afterward, this was probably more horrifying than anything. Really...the frat guys weren't thinking what you think they might have been thinking.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 968
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently these kids have never seen Animal House.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 775
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol. Wow, this kind of stuff never happens at the parties I go to.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 937
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I knew about that a few weeks ago.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 698
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder what they did with the couch.
Hot chick keep it, ugly chick burn it?

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 528
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah it's real....thats my fraternity (Im in the MSU chapter)

Mackinaw

Post Number: 2746
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, they got rid of two couches.

This was at Pi Kappa Alpha on Washtenaw.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 889
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im a Pike(Pi Kappa Alpha) from (WSU) APBEST you still at MSU? So im guessing that she was not attractive?

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They had one of the guys on D&M a couple weeks back or so. I can't remember their website anymore but there's pictures of the woman here:

http://www.totallycrap.com/gal leries/galleries_masturbating_ trespasser/

Steelworker

Post Number: 890
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If that happened in our frat house at WSU it probably would be just another story passed down over the years.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

talk about a good time! these frat bros are losers for calling the fuzz

Mackinaw

Post Number: 2747
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw that photo awhile back...the look on that one guy's face is priceless.

Gannon

Post Number: 9032
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, wonder how many Pikes are on this board.

Fall '86 WSU (the missing pledge class).

I come around once a year, whether they like it or not...and voted for that one brother's video when it was up for the low budget award at the Detroit Film Center a month ago. (couldn't believe nobody was there to support him)

Run into ONE brother at Vivios all the time...if anyone has taken the bus to Tiger or Wings games from there you already know him.

Cheers.

Apbest

Post Number: 529
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steelworker, yeah Im active...the first pledge class below me just went through, so Im not quite a shiny but Im pretty new

Gannon, I believe we've met before ;) ?

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dunno man, looking at those photos, i would've called the cops too, she's got the crazy eyes

Gannon

Post Number: 9033
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dunno, Girls with Far Away Eyes make great lovers...Mick Jagger taught me that through the Rolling Stones' best Country and Western song...plus the conversation is always interesting.

Although, pictures NEVER do a person justice...and hers might be more crazy than far-away. Eyes are the windows to the soul, they say.

Its the ones with the DEAD eyes I avoid...lack of apparent synapse activity scares me. That vacant Kate-Moss-patented gauzy gaze leaves me limp...making it much easier to flee.

Gannon

Post Number: 9038
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ap,

Per...haps. Heh.

Where you at, MSU?! I was around when that chapter was being re-established, if I remember correctly. UofM's was gone then, too.

Wayne's Delta Nu was the shining star of Michigan, our Western and Ferris brothers made sure we looked great...hell, Western couldn't even keep their sign on their dorm-building 'house'.

Steelworker

Post Number: 892
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gannon im WSU fall 97 pike. Gannon you lived in the old house correct? I havent been to the house in about 8 years but I still have at least 3 friends from it and met 3 other friends from them. ill be honest the guys at MSU were pricks everytime I visited. The guys at U of M were stuck up but they would visit our chapter from time to time so they couldnt have been too bad. The Pikes in canada were really nice.

Apbest

Post Number: 530
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we had a bunch of you guys over for St. Patrick's day and they said they had not been well received at other schools, but we had them all over and were very welcoming...Gannon, we were established in 87-88, we've definitely come a long way since then, now we're either #1 or #2 on campus in terms of size and just moved into an awesome $2million house next to the Marriott in downtown East Lansing that we're in the process of buying

Steelworker

Post Number: 893
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

apbest your not in the dueling houses with the beach volley ball court between them? Ehh last time i was at your chapter was 1998. so plenty of time for things to change

Steelworker

Post Number: 894
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Delta Nu is still shining star even though they kinda embellish a ton with national and continually win awards (probably not deserved). Was interesting living in a frat house in the ghetto.

Gannon

Post Number: 9049
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lived in the old house for six or so months, if memory serves...it really was a great place.

Back then, we'd have parties and go through 8-12 kegs...I was there JUST after an old grade and high school buddy (famous WSU football player alum) broke his arm in a big fight on the front porch.

We laughed about it later at Z's Place during a WSU football reunion I stumbled into...with another Pike! The footballers nearly all hated us.

Public Safety really had it out for us too, it is amazing we got away with anything.

Gannon

Post Number: 9052
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll never forget our drunken traffic monitoring after the Thanksgiving Parade, as the cops directed two or three lanes one-way down the street in front of 266 E. Hancock...somehow I was able to get my voice an extra octave deeper and kept laughingly chiding the suburbanite families trying vainly to quickly escape the ghetto (and their fears) with a refrain stolen from the then popular Jamaica TV and radion ads, "WEL-come to de ghetto, we hope you enjoyed your stay!"

Jiscodazz
Username: Jiscodazz

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm too chicken shit to post this, what about a post that read:

"Detroit Masturbating stories"???

I've got a couple. Hell, it seems like everyone around here has at least one.

Gannon

Post Number: 9053
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm too chicken shit to post this, what about a post that read:

"Detroit Masturbating stories"???

I've got a couple. Hell, it seems like everyone around here has at least one.

If you've been outside living and encountering other mere humans, you should have memories to share.

You can choose to call them anything you'd like, but please don't come shitting over a thread like that...if sharing my memories bother you, skip them.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds like a "which fraternity are you a member" thread is needed.

Steelworker

Post Number: 895
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon I use to hear stories from the older brothers (brothers night) that would talk about the numerous times they would go over to strohs and brings back kegs. I saw pictures of the old house it was rather attractive. smaller than the current one but still good looking. that neighborhood in photos looked like virgina park. Also what was WSU frat life like then. how many frats and sororities? Did you ever get a african american fraternities to participate in greek week? When i was around we started to actively recruit athletes from WSU but we only ended up with swimmers joining.

Gannon

Post Number: 9064
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was UofM-Dearborn for most of my active life, so I didn't really get to know the WSU system...and never participated in any of the Greek weeks. I worked full time and schooled the same, so I turned out to be practically a shadow.

We socialized with the engineering fraternity, the TKE's?!...partied HARD with those maniacs, some of them made us look like rookies. They're the ones who turned us onto the Old Miami...still one of my favorite haunts after twenty years.

The other frat was 'way' up at the New Center area, and there was apparently some bad blood. Only went to see them during pledge week, and probably never after that.

I don't remember much, if any, integration back then, which is one huge reason I stopped hanging around. I am very happy to see the house WELL integrated now, my last Brother's Night late-night traditional drop-in was a very pleasant visit. It was tough being reminded of twenty years passing, though!

If I comment on the sororities, I'm sure to get lambasted...I remember only the AGDs and DZs...all fondly. Good times then.

The house was something else...three stories of humanity occasionally erupting in absolute, necessary chaos. Being around it for such a short time contrasts greatly with the bulk of amazing memories from then.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.