Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What's happening to Wendy's « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 495
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All three Wendy's restaurants near where I live have closed. What's happening with all of the Wendy's restaurants?

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4364
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of them near me have closed as well. I want my damn frosty!

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 146
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ain't that something? The ones that were formerly closed have reopened in recent years.

Grand River and Southfield
Gratiot and Van Dyke (originally @ Gratiot and Fischer)

There's a THIRD one that I know of, but its location fails me at this moment.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2093
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FWIW, Wendy's of Michigan has the distinction of being the third largest franchisee of Wendy's, and is the only publically traded Wendy's franchisee.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 703
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wikipedia states that some 50 Wendy's were closed this past October in the St. Louis area without warning because of financial problems.

Wendy should bitch-slap this chick.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A nna_Ayala

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just give her the finger ...back.
Guess she'll have plenty of time to figure out her next scam (which shouldn't happen for many years to come).

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 320
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about your Wendy's, but franchise owned joints can run into all sorts of weirdness. Up in the far northeast 'burbs several Burger Kings closed because of something related to the divorce of the franchise owner.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wendy's stockholders have been staging a mini-revolt that started with a dis-association of the chain from Tim Hortons.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recall a few years back a lot of BKs closing, then a wave of Rally's, now the rally's are coming back as checkers.

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 971
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Wendy's in Royal Oak on 11 Mile closed, too. I was more disappointed, though, to see Hagelstein's Bakery close.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 973
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you still want your frosty, come to Mack and Moross in GP. I think that one is still open.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4365
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would drive 15 miles for a Frosty too! hell, I drove to Toledo for a Tony Packos hot dog and it sucked. At least I know what I am getting at Wendys

Yelloweyes
Username: Yelloweyes

Post Number: 132
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People finally are realizing that type of food is terrible for you. McD's and even Arby's has taken a "healthy" approach to business.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 906
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Related?

quote:

Wendy's Burger Chain Exploring Possible Sale
Dublin, OH-based Wendy's International has been on a subsidiary selling spree and now may sell the entire company. The 6,658-store fast food burger company completed its spinoff of Canadian coffee chain Tim Horton's in September, completed the $31 million sale of Baja Fresh Mexican Grill in November and has its Café Express brand up for sale. Wendy's latest announcement includes the formation of a committee to review the company's strategic options, which includes a possible sale or merger. First quarter financial results included a 3.8% increase in same-store sales and 2% increase in revenues of first quarter 2006. The company will no doubt be a private equity target, analysts say.

http://www.costar.com/News/Art icle.aspx?id=06E0B506E536153C2 9413DE0CB60F090

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3114
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Junior Bridgeman of the Milwaukee Bucks is one of the major owners of Wendy's:
Wendy's considers sale or merger

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4239
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yelloweyes, it all depends on what you order.

Whenever I go to Wendy's I usually get a Grilled Chicken Sandwich with a Sour Cream/Chives Baked Potato and a Caesars Side Salad. Not too bad.

But they really pissed me off when I ordered one of their $3.99 Oriental Spinach Salads. There were 5 spinach leaves on top of a filler of iceberg lettuce (the least nutritious variety of lettuce).

Also Scs100, I worry about that Wendy's near Mack/Moross. Whenever I go there, the place is usually pretty empty (9pm). The 8 Mile/Harper location is always more crowded.

Ro_resident
Username: Ro_resident

Post Number: 227
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The former Wendy's on Woodward north of 12 1/2 Mile is slowly being converted into a Beaner's Coffee and a flower shop.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3115
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rally's and Checkers have been the same company for the past eight years. Just the names differ.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 451
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is the Wendy's on East Jefferson near Belle Isle still open?

Stryker81
Username: Stryker81

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I rode by there a month or so ago and it still was.

Lukabottle
Username: Lukabottle

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Burnsie,
You should be happy the that Hagelstein's Bakery closed down. My sister worked there for almost a year. I would go and visit her in the back. Water was always dripping from pipes above her head and landing in mixing bowls. She was constantly getting in trouble for throwing out expired dairy products. She would tell me what was safe to eat and there were very few things. They were constantly fighting to keep the rats out. The place was filthy. That is why she left.

It was a suprise to see after the counter area where they sold the food looked so nice and inviting. This was back in 2000 and 2001.

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rally's Big Buford is by far the best fast food burger out there ... yummmm

Yvette248

Post Number: 498
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yikes. I can't even count how many times I've eaten the danishes at Hagelstein's!

I wonder if all the Royal Oak Wendy's were owned by the same franchise? According to news reports, BK and MacDonald's "resurgence" ate into Wendy's profits. Must've been the new coffee :-)

(Message edited by yvette248 on May 04, 2007)

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2219
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Renfirst, I agree.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2051
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, that is shocking about Hagelsteins - a real institution over in Royal Oak.

I read in the WSJ that Wendys was having all kinds of money issues and were thinking of putting themselves up for sale.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9391
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of Rally's/Checker's, can anyone please post a few locations in and around Detroit?
I haven't had the burgers in years and can't remember where some of restaurants are located.
thanks.

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Little Mack and Harper in Saint Clair Shores, 9 1/2 and Van Dyke in Warren, 13 1/2 and Van Dyke in Warren.

Rjk

Post Number: 704
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Checkers. 8 mile and Ryan. 12 mile and Dequindre.

I recall seeing one in Hamtramck. I believe it's on Joseph Campau.

I bought plenty of cakes at Hagelstein's.
I always thought I got sick after eating the cake because I ate too much.
I think you're better off not hearing what takes place in the back rooms of eating establishments. I can't help but think that I've eaten more than a few spit burgers served by some bitter employee who's making minimum wage. Of course what you don't know won't hurt you.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 55
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Checkers also on Groesbeck just north of the intersection with Utica Road.

Back in the 50's and early 60's, all our family birthday cakes came from Hagelstein's. I loved their banana cake!

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are two Wendy's on jefferson in Detroit. One near Belle isle and the other "new" one located near chalmers. Both are fabulous establishments with excellent operations. I am surprised to hear about so many Wendy's closing in Detroit b/c I would figure they are under the same Franchisee and/or area consultant supervisor thingy guy. Usually a chain will do well in a city if there are strong business people running them and also making business decisions for the group.

Why is it when you want a friggin' milkshake form Mc-D's or BK their machines are always broken, but Wendy's can always sling a frosty no matter what? That is product pride my friends!!

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1479
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is another Checker's at 14 and Crooks.

Anyone remember the big bruhaha over the Wendy's that was trying to open at Warren and Conner when the Council (well, JoAnn Watson) was refusing to change the zoning because there are already too many fast food restaurants that prey on African Americans.

The Wendy's folks got caught in the elevator making fun of Watson's weight. She forced them to come back to the table. The guy from the DEGC took the fall... I think it was the day before Council went out on Christmas recess. Beautiful, really.

Maybe that's why they're leaving the city...

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 707
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, fast food restaurants are something Detroit has never been short on...

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9050
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Maybe that's why they're leaving the city...

Are they leaving the city or closing stores across the metro area. I don't really follow Wendy's but the few I pass or go to in the city are still open.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1480
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a theory based on that incident.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that Wendy's eventually got built.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1080
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's going bankrupt. YAY! Payback is a mug. They food poisoned me horribly not too long ago. Thank You LORD!

Urbanize

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Speaking of Rally's/Checker's, can anyone please post a few locations in and around Detroit?
I haven't had the burgers in years and can't remember where some of restaurants are located.
thanks."

-Reopened 8 Mile and Ryan
-Groesbeck and Utica (remained open)
-Gratiot and 10 Mile (remained open)
-Van Dyke and 9 Mile (remained open)

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You find a finger too Urbanize?

SUE THEM!!!!

Urbanize

Post Number: 1082
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Are they leaving the city or closing stores across the metro area. I don't really follow Wendy's but the few I pass or go to in the city are still open"

Up to the past couple of years, they were expanding (like Popeye's is now) in Metro Detroit. Only the locations the people patronize are still open. Burger Kings, McDonalds, White Castles are doing fine in city limits though.

Yvette248

Post Number: 500
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the posts, it seems like the Wendy's in the suburbs are the ones that are closing. The ones in the city are still there.

(That Watson joke was funny!)

Royaloakian
Username: Royaloakian

Post Number: 85
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haglesteins say they are not closed but in waiting. With the interest in Artesian bakeries they are having a hard time finding a baker. They would like to open but say bakers are lured away by higher paying positions. I have no idea who pays what but am throwing this in because of the comments about Haglesteins.

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Checkers/Rallys is also on Crooks south of 14 mile.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 897
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can confirm the checkers on jos campau near New Dodge Lounge in Hamtramck. I go there couple times a month its open late and sometimes THE CLOCK is not interesting enough to over weigh its crap food.

Fastcarsfreedom
Username: Fastcarsfreedom

Post Number: 180
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My guess is that the local franchise closings are at least in part related to the problems corporate Wendy's is having. I recently read the autobiography of Ron Joyce--who co-founded Tim Hortons, selling the chain to Wendy's in 1995. His book is quite damning of Wendy's and their corporate "issues", he doesn't have too many kind things to say about Dave Thomas and calls the sale of Tim Hortons to Wendy's a mistake. Wendy's of course spun Tim Hortons off recently, and it has seriously bruised their financial performance--Tim Hortons is a financial powerhouse. Up/down here in the Windsor area Wendy's seems to be doing fine. Wendy's thrived for years on sticking to a policy of not getting into the discounting/coupon game--but McD has come back very strongly from their own troubles a few years ago, and BK seems to be doing better--although I doubt that company will ever be stable. I'm sure these competitive issues aren't making it easier for Wendy's.

Kimistree
Username: Kimistree

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My husband works with a guy who does maintainance work for most of the Wendy's in the metro area, and he says that the stores that are closed belonged to the corporation. The local franchise owners haven't closed any of their stores that he knows about. The stores that closed and reopened were bought by local franchise owners from the corporation.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 560
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The former Wendy's on Woodward north of 12 1/2 Mile is slowly being converted into a Beaner's Coffee and a flower shop.

Is this the same Honduran coffee company that is owned by Carlos Mencia?

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 786
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Quozl!

Dee dee dee...

Revolutionary
Username: Revolutionary

Post Number: 130
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamtramck's suburban-style Wendy's is still open, Jos. Campau and Caniff.

Fredgarvin
Username: Fredgarvin

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they should bring back Burger Chef to replace 'em.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Naw, Burger Chef is DEAD. Also, besides the main three markets I mentioned (McD, BK and WC) and also (Subway, Quiznos, Jimmy Johns, Popeyes), no other restaurant has looked into expanding in Metro Detroit (If you don't include Culver's and Locally Owned Places). Even relatively, the McD and BK markets in Metro Detroit haven't went either way. Even KFC has been disappearing and Church's has remained stable, same with Arby's.

(Message edited by Urbanize on May 04, 2007)

Urbanize

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"BK seems to be doing better--although I doubt that company will ever be stable. I'm sure these competitive issues aren't making it easier for Wendy's."

BK is too competitive. As long as they keep worrying about what the craze is and what the other restaurants are doing, they'll never be the top FF Marketer. That was proven back in the 80s and 90s (change in French Fries). McD sued their buttholes out. Now they're the 3rd largest MArket, and trying to find ways to overcome Wendy's, instead of doing their own thing. I will admit though, they are laxing a bit on competing though.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 823
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys got Jack In The Box back there? They've become one of the big players out here.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1087
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JAck in the Box is a WEst Coast Thing. Ever since the Food Poisoning outbreak from the 90s, Detroit hasn't even looked at a J in the B.

Tammypio
Username: Tammypio

Post Number: 116
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rallys/Checkers in Lincoln Park...just south of Southfield on Dix....def still open!

Urbanize

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get a bit off-topic, when they did close over 100 locations in MEtro Detroit (Rally's), A group of franchise owners got together and kept the few that remained open and reopened 35 of the ones that closed.

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did Wendy's get their start around here by buying out Jack-in-the-Box franchises? Seems like back when, all the Jack-in-the-Box'es got replaced by a Wendy's. Or is it just my imagination?

Urbanize

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure, but they really expanded when Hardee's left in the Mid 90s, same time Detroit was introduced to Tim Hortons. There was some locations already around though (Warren and Barham, Gratiot and Fischer, Gratiot and Filbert????). I think a lot of the J in the B was converted into independant retail or restaurants or (like the location on Mack and Chene) was demolished.

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 280
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to drive miles to get my hot n not fix. It is worth it though.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^There's a location on Gratiot and Martin if you didn't know that.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 287
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, I totally rock the dollar menu when I go to Wendys.

But Checkers, oooooooooooooooh, best damn fast food fries you'll find anywhere. Glad that all the Rallys are converting into the Checkers motif.

And for you Downriver folk, there's one on US-24 north of I-94, south of US-12 on the southbound side, come on back.

Stryker81
Username: Stryker81

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone tried Hardees again since they've come back? A few months ago I went to the one on 15 and Mound and was quite impressed. The prices are a buck or two higher than what you would pay at McDonalds, BK, or Wendy's, but its worth it.

Rjk

Post Number: 705
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hardees is the place to go if you want a BIG hamburger. Absolutely need two hands to hold on to their burgers.

(Message edited by rjk on May 05, 2007)

Reetz12
Username: Reetz12

Post Number: 176
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southfield will be getting a FatBurger...this will be there first Michigan location. HAs anyone ever ate at Fatburger....with whom do they compare?

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 434
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where in SFLD?

Urbanize

Post Number: 1097
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Southfield will be getting a FatBurger...this will be there first Michigan location. HAs anyone ever ate at Fatburger....with whom do they compare?"

I think they're mostly a West Coast restaurant. They say they have fairly good burgers and it's two steps (at least) above McD and BK.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Has anyone tried Hardees again since they've come back? A few months ago I went to the one on 15 and Mound and was quite impressed. The prices are a buck or two higher than what you would pay at McDonalds, BK, or Wendy's, but its worth it."

ROFL, Detroiters still support them after they insulted us Quote, "Skinny Burgers are for Detroit Fans" Unquote(from Palace Brawl and Indiana Pacers).

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 161
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"LaVan Hawkins, please pick up the white courtesy phone..."

Urbanize

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To Cmubryan:

http://www.fatburger.com/Locat ion/LocationFinder.aspx?zip=48 205

That is Telegraph and I-696/12 Mileish.

(Message edited by Urbanize on May 05, 2007)

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 68
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reetz12- I ate at a fat burger in Florida. I understand that they are big on the west coast. They are like Fuddrucker's but a little less expensive and the ambience is not as nice.

Steamaker
Username: Steamaker

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have Fatburger here in Las Vegas and let me tell you, they are the best. If they stick to the all fresh stuff like we have, you are going to fall in love.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"We have Fatburger here in Las Vegas and let me tell you, they are the best. If they stick to the all fresh stuff like we have, you are going to fall in love."

Maybe they'll expand closer into Metro Detroit if the customer Satisfaction rate is great at the Telegraph location.

Eastside_charlie
Username: Eastside_charlie

Post Number: 47
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

boy, fat food. i mean fast food, has some big interest in bloogville

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5105
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm...Fatburger huh? Not exactly the world's most appetizing name but worth a shot.

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 286
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^There's a location on Gratiot and Martin if you didn't know that.

That is the Hot n Now I have to drive to. Or I-94 and 23 Mile if I'm out that way.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.