Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Need photo of Book Cadillac for magazine cover « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Irvine_laird
Username: Irvine_laird

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I edit the Detroit Historical Society's quarterly guide to exhibitions, events, programs, and tours and would like to feature a bee-yoo-tiful color photograph of the Book-Cadillac on the front cover. Who's got one or could tell me where to find one? Photographer will get credit for the photo. I don't have money in my budget to pay for the photo. Ah, life on a nonprofit budget!

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would find a Vintage Post Card on Ebay they are generally less than $5.00

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is your deadline? I know several photographers that could get out this weekend to get a photo for you at no cost. email me m.doyle (at) mac.com

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 944
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Historic photo, or current photo? I would guess that a current (or recent past one) would be easy to find.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4245
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps one of Flybydon's aerial shots...

Canuckr
Username: Canuckr

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can take a bunch this weekend for joo..

canuckr163 (at) yahoo.com

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 248
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go to www.flickr.com and search for "Book Cadillac" or "Westin Book Cadillac" etc. If you find a photo you like from one of the artists, just send them a message to see if you can have permission to use it. There are some really good photographers on that site.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 948
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, that's what I was gonna say Rocket_city.

Whisper128
Username: Whisper128

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frank Nemecek might have one. He directed that documentary about the Book Cadillac hotel. You could probably contact him through his production company. It's Prince Igor Films.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 902
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome to DetroitYes Whisper128

Irvine_laird
Username: Irvine_laird

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the good leads. Find out which lucky local photographer makes the front cover of the Detroit Historical Society Summer 2007 program guide. Pick up a free copy at the Detroit Historical Museum or Dossin Great Lakes Museum (begging your pardon for the "plug").

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2549
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dang, sorry I didn't find this thread earlier. Anyway, all of my B-C photos are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/f nemecek/sets/72157600202579713 /

Tompage
Username: Tompage

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Frank, I have 4 nearly perfect condition post cards from the early days of the BC, including the Grand Ballroom, the Italian Garden, the Crystal Ball Room, and a full outdoor photo. Let me know if you'd like to photo/copy, or otherwise use them. Tom

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.