Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Tiger Stadium auction status? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was supposed to be an auction of the contents from Tiger Stadium to be held in April. Well, that didn't happen. I haven't even heard anything about preparations for such an event.

Does anyone have any insight?

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DEGC issued an RFP "TO PROVIDE
HISTORIC ASSET DISPOSITION SERVICES
FOR THE TIGER STADIUM REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT" back in January. Haven't heard any news on whether or not they decided on a vendor

Enduro
Username: Enduro

Post Number: 103
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We were just talking about this at the office today. I'm salivating for some history in my home!

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2059
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot all about it, don't want to miss that!

I want a seat!

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 947
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually, maybe it is a good thing they have waited to sell off parts of the stadium until the Tigers got HOT this past season. Might increase the funds collected from the sales!

Soomka1
Username: Soomka1

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you remember when they sold off those green steel & wood seats when they changed over to those blue plastic seats? I had a couple friends who had them on their patio. When did they sell them? How much did they cost? If you have some, do you want to sell?

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do remember when the old Tiger stadium seats went on sale, but I don't remember the asking price. I couldn't rub two nickels together back then.
One of those seats will pop up on Ebay every once in a while. The Detroit Athletic Company on Michigan a couple blocks west of Tiger Stadium used to have a couple as well, although I haven't been there recently. Prepare to spend upwards of $300 for one of them now.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5308
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba wants the sign on the door to the Visitors Club House reading,
"Absolutely No Visitors."

jjaba, Tigers Fan.

Navin_parker
Username: Navin_parker

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Folks nothing will happen with Tiger Stadium until MIKE ILITCH says so and when it happens it will be what benefits him. A demolished Tiger Stadium adds to the ILITCH control of your hard earned entertainment dollar.

Its a shame that a venue that cost the City a buck to purchase 30 years ago and is one of the City and State's most well know places has been handled with such piss poor judgement. Tiger Stadium could be asset rather than a liability but the City and Tigers would rather lie so ILITCH can profit. Shame on us for letting ourselves be taken to the clears again and again by greed and shaddy dealings.

Its wonderful living in the City Mike Ilitch built.

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 74
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here in Boston I have been to two Red Sox games. For those who don't know Fenway Park is celebrating it's 95th anniversary. I was only able to attend a few games at Tiger Stadium but I always thought Comerica was a nice park. Do you think Comerica park could be to Detroit what Fenway is to Boston? We should have never left Tiger stadium.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.