Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » "Who Moved my Ginko?" « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Downtown_dave
Username: Downtown_dave

Post Number: 129
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that construction has started on the Rosa Parks Transit Terminal (across Cass from AT&T building) - what's happened to the Wishing Tree (a ginko) planted by Yoko Ono, the rock with the explanation plaque and the bench that were at north end of the lot? I noticed all are missing. Anyone know of a planned relocation?

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 465
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard that it WILL be relocated downtown, however I am not sure where....

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The city took out to a farm in the country where it can have plenty of fresh air and sunshine

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman, who is this "out" you speak of?

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1284
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops, meant to say "the city took it out to a farm in the country where it can have plenty of fresh air and sunshine"

A variation on the line kids are given when the family dog goes on that last trip to the vet

Downtown_dave
Username: Downtown_dave

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like "that big arboretum in the sky" kinda thing.

Will await, hopefully, the tree's relocation.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.