Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Woodward and 7 mile « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whats being built here? it looks like it could be a small stadium...

i would add a photo but i dont know how to resize it to fit...

david

Rampartstreetnorth
Username: Rampartstreetnorth

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe it's a church.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 91
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 4:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard rumors that's where the Winans new church will be located.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2272
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No rumor...this has been in the works for the last 5 years or more!!

From the Perfecting Church website:
"...[The] Perfecting Church will soon relocate to 7 Mile & Woodward; the new campus (over 20 acres) will include a 4,300-seat sanctuary, parking structure, office building and market rate condominiums. Since its modest beginning (with 13 people at the first service in May 1989), Pastor Winans and the congregation pledged their commitment to God, and to its community. Years later, Perfecting Church strives to attain the purpose for which she is called, not for vainglory but that she might be ready to meet the needs of the people; ever mindful of the phrase spoken in that vision to Pastor Winans, “They are coming to you”, making it a true cornerstone in the city of Detroit."

http://www.perfectingchurch.or g/index.swf

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 356
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That building is coming along slooooooowly.

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 75
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This will help fund their Bloomfield Hills mansion. Truly servants before God. Another reason America is rapidly becoming secular.

Themax
Username: Themax

Post Number: 664
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if they are creationists or IDers like Keith Butler.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.