Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » East Side Murders « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dearlydeparted
Username: Dearlydeparted

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if any of you guys remember a few deaths on the East Side, in the 70's. I can't locate any articles online, a girl named Cheryl McCartney was killed at the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Warren, and another girl was abducted from the Mr. C's parking lot - she worked there - and was killed at a house located at 4110 Algonquin. Any information would be welcome, thanks.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 183
Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might try starting at your local library to see what they have on microfilm. Or ask the librarian if he has access to LexisNexis.

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 214
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dearlydeparted,
I remember that a young woman was killed at a Kentucky Fried Chicken on E. Warren. I recall her coming from a large family. Was the KFC located somewhere between Cadieux and Canyon?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2275
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IIRC, the KFC on E. Warren was in the vicinity of Neff or Hereford on the north side of the street.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 4309
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

... and today that KFC has the bulletproof glass and enclosed counters found in many inner city party stores.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.