Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Downtown Hoedown « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Spirit2028
Username: Spirit2028

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flower Power will be on display this weekend at Eastern Market. So after you plant the flowers put you're hoe down and head for Downtown. Starting this Friday May 18th thru May 20th, Hart Plaza will host a country music festival. It's free and nowadays that's a great bargain ! Go to www.wycd.com for the schedule line-ups. I'm curious how much this festival is promoted out-of-state. With concert tickets being rather expensive it may be tempting for some people to visit Detroit for the weekend. Tourists from Cleveland, Toronto, Indianapolis, Chicago and other cities within about a 6 hour drive might be willing to tempt fate. I'm also curious how much beer you get for the buck ? I realize the price will include the designer beer mug.

Dbest
Username: Dbest

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was visiting downtown during the time of the the Hoedown last year, and had a great time at the bars and when me and friends got back to the holiday inn express downtown it was full of other young people from that festival partying in there rooms and hanging out with doors wide open and hopping from room to room, wish i could come this weekend but have to work!

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 263
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone notice the name Devin Scillian on the schedule for the main stage at 12:40 PM on Saturday?
Is this the same Devin Scillian from WDIV news?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9175
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep - And he is huge overseas if I recall

Smitch
Username: Smitch

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What were your thoughts on the hoedown this year?

Flybydon
Username: Flybydon

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looked like everyone was having fun from my position.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 291
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too many hillbillies....

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 168
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, too many hillbillies coming downtown to spend their money. Who wants that?!

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4443
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry, there were a lot of young ones down there for you.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.