Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Another Scandal for the Mayor? » Full Video - Ch. 7 vs. Mayor « Previous Next »
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Rotation_slim
Username: Rotation_slim

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Channel Seven has posted the full, unedited video of their reporters trying to get a response from the mayor. Just curious, once you have seen the whole thing do you think they went too far?
http://www.wxyz.com/content/on airlinks/seenon7/story.aspx?co ntent_id=d2182826-50ba-4f0b-bf 72-b9808642c5d1

FWIW-- It looks to me like they were overly polite to the Mayor, and KK just snapped because he did not like being questioned

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the people of Detroit voted him into Office.

Waxx
Username: Waxx

Post Number: 153
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like George Carlin said "This is the best we can do, folks. Garbage in, garbage out."

If Coleman Young were alive right now, he'd be whuppin' Kwame's @$$ right now.

Now tell why should I vote? B.S. like this is one of the reason why. These jokers are gonna do what they wanna do anyway LIKE THEY'VE BEEN DOIN'! I don't think they went too far, but they were doing their jobs. Ever since that Navigator incident, he's been under very close scrutiny. Apparently young Kilpatrick hasn't learned his lesson (like some of us thought he'd do). And 2 quote Urbanize, the people swore him in.

You get what you (vote) for, folks.

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 205
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck with that, Detroit. What a joke.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11572
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was channel 7 doing in the D, thought they were a suburban tv station now. Kwame needs to tell them to get their asses back north of 8 mile if ya ask me.

Quinn
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 1316
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Helloooooooooo raaaaaaattttttiiiiinnnnggggsss s!

This isn't journalism anymore. It's ratings extravaganza, and money money money!

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2772
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As one of the news anchor woman said, they were indeed way too aggressive. They're reaching because it's sweeps months. They want to make a story out of a debateable topic, and they can do just that by putting out tapes like this that make all involved look stupid.

Nobody really cares about the mayor's performance or his policies and what they do for the city, they just want a reason to put the city down because this is the sort of stuff that the bulk of their viewership (3-4 million in the suburbs) want to see. The city and this state are so many millions in debt...a thousand dollar trip paid from a fund that might even be legitimate should be the least of our worries. Local news sucks.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 499
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the video was no big deal. I say if you want to interview someone, call their office and set it up.

No one should have to answer every question asked. News reporters are nerds. A bit full of themselves. Why? I don't know. They don't really "do" anything.

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1884
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember "The Man Has A Plan"

Waxx

Post Number: 154
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who knows? This all could've been staged like a wrestling match (I'm being sarcastic here).

I'm bettin' that Archer's laughin' his (butt) off right now (I'm being sarcastic again).

Dj_hyper_active
Username: Dj_hyper_active

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AHAHAHHAHH ok tomorrow's main agenda for the mayor should be to make a great apology video. It's going to happen. What was the big deal about anyway?

Waxx

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the video on the Channel 7 website just now and it really wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. But still, losing your cool in public and simultaneously being filmed by the (destitute) media, makes one helluva story, not to mention as Dj_hyper_active put it, a great apology.

-And an @$$-kissing one to boot!

I say @$$ kissing because his career might be in jeopardy after this if he considers a 3rd term (just speculatin', y'all) .

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 222
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see KILLpatrick is up to his old tricks.

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 873
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 3:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As we all know, the appearance of impropriety = guilty as far as the media is concerned. It's been that way since cameras first scoped-out the first bead of sweat on Nixon's forehead back-in-the-day.

Whether or not hip-hop-K is guilty is yet to be determined, but in light of these serious allegations, for Kwame not to have a canned-&-ready-to-spew statement prepared for the media is unwise. He should have given the camera (not the reporter, because it really is all about the camera) exactly what it wanted: a statement. Any statement. An intelligent soundbite. Anything, But he didn't.

He allowed himself to become fodder for nationwide criticism, thus further demeaning the City of Detroit on what's soon to become an international stage (this is already creeping its way across the internet). Way to go, Mr. Mayor.
Running away was was nothing short of idiotic.

No wonder Kwame isn't respected by his peers:
He's all balls & no brains.

Davidmausolf
Username: Davidmausolf

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame is trying to act like the alpha male of the group hes THAT guy.

He knows all about the tax code, how to bend the rules, how to spend money on a escalade. He should really throw some d's on that b****, I'm sure he could close a few schools down to make the monthly payments.

He should get together with the leader of n.korea they have a lot in common, they spend money on things they dont need, and everyone outside their area knows they ARE the joke.

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The way that Ch. 7 not one but TWO crews chasing after him is a bit unproffessional to me. They were not reporting news, they were CREATING news. In all honesty, I don't blame the mayor for getting mad. They were like vultures on a carcass. The statements were baiting and biased too. What reporter asks a "question" by saying, "Mr. Mayor, I thought you loved this city."

The best way that Kwame could have handled it was to say a few "no comments". If they continued pestering like that all the way to the SUV, he should have turned directly to the camera and microphone, put on a big show of sighing and said, "look guys. I have no problem sitting down with you guys and having a one-on-one interview to discuss whatever you wish to discuss. However, I don't think it is very professional of you to be hounding me like a bunch of hyenas with your commando journalism tactics. If you want to talk let's talk. Please don't try to make a scene to boost your ratings."

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 788
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I'd almost rather watch them chase Paris Hilton around. Maybe if they were in LB's face so much they could've told him he was drunk before he got that DUI.

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 184
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame need to get a copy of that video & hang on to until the next election-then show it in campaign commercial showing the hostile whites that want the people's mayor out and want to bash Detroit-he'll win hands down

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 159
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray Sayah is white?

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KK looked pretty bad, arrogant, sarcastic, and doing his best to be-little someone who is trying to get answers for the people. Then ending it by speeding off in a $65,000 SUV when 4 out 10 people in Detroit can't find a decent job. Not a good image at all. All though the reporter is a prick, most people watching that will not see it that way.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 641
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray Sayah should consider himself lucky that Kwame did not drag him into the Men's Room and lock him in without the camera man and shove that microphone up his a$$ sideways. Heck, the audio should be pretty good. I can just see it, Ray walking out after the Mayor with his slacks down to his ankles...

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame need to get a copy of that video & hang on to until the next election-then show it in campaign commercial showing the hostile whites that want the people's mayor out and want to bash

--------------------

One reporter asks the mayor a question, and you use the race card and BLAME ALL WHITES?

I think you need to stop prejudging all whites with your opinion of one reporter.Also, check your self for some racism and prejudism in your own house before you attack people who had NOTHING to do with that interview...........

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 791
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Then ending it by speeding off in a $65,000 SUV when 4 out 10 people in Detroit can't find a decent job. Not a good image at all."

Well, tell GM to loan him something more economical next time. Perhaps an Aveo?

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Loan" Wink-wink-nod-nod. Yeah right!

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember: When Kwame lies, strippers die.

Allegedly.

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 187
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Janesback you sort of missed my point
I did not say what I said to blame whites. In my years observing Detroit it's a time honored political move by black candidates to blame the whites & media. Citizens lap it up like honey then vote for him. Recall the last mayoral election-Freeman Hendricks was ahead until he was branded the " Suburbanite's Candidate" then as we know he went down. Coleman Young was an expert at it too he perfected the technique.
My post was somewhat in jest but the point I believe is true I've seen it repeat it self a number of times. Where I work several black co-workers feel like the Channel 7 video is an ambush. That 7 is out to get him for racial purposes. Funny they are mum about the old man beaten up by young black thug mentioned on another thread.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.