Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Thought id share some old photos of a detroit backyard « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These photos are of my grandmother and my uncle (when he was 2) playing in a backyard of a house they rented in detroit..circa 1950..Not sure about the location..I would ask my grandparents, but neither of them are with us anymore...I will ask my uncle and see what he says:

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3856
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pics but not a lot to go on for location. Any hints?

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 814
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like Gramps is painting the garage and keepin up the place. And they were renting? Not a lot of that these days.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those swinging garage doors -- in the age before sectional overhead doors -- bring back memories. Wouldn't take long at all and they would start to sag at the hinges from the heavy weight. The outer edge would usually scrape against the concrete. Much easier now to push a button in my car and up she goes. :-)

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5328
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had those garage doors on Northlawn and no sag.
jjaba's driveway and garage were built with 1st class Italian cement installation.

Ray1936, how do you clear the hall at an Italian wedding?
You get on the microphone an yell, "Gumbahs, the fucking cement didn't dry!"

jjaba, Westsider, LOL.

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another gem from Jjaba Carson....Hey ohhh!!!

Stromberg2, Laughing my ass off.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 467
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granny looks hot! I like the second shot cuz I'm an ass man. Other than that, I would say its west side all the way, because of the ranch like construction. Any more photos of granny?

Ordinary
Username: Ordinary

Post Number: 218
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bullet,
You are a man after my own heart. Had to smile at your comments.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.