Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Got this address Mikem? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike,

I'm going to the FSC tonight. Tonight's FSC is the neighborhood where my grandparent's lived when first married. I'd like to take the camera and take a shot of the house. Looking for Edward R Schuster, the address would be on St John St. 1939 / 40. Maybe a street called Ewerst(sp)?. Does the directory list occupation? Thanks!

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3309
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have an Edward & Ann Shuster, 6900 St John St, occupation listed as laborer.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9209
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geneaology.com?

If so they have a free trial period if you want to sign up. Sign up anc check on your ancestors. If you don't like it or need it you can cancel.

Just a suggestion.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanx Mike! That's them. I was asking my Gramma about the old neighborhood on Mother's day. She was good for some info, but she gets tired after awhile and will stop answering questions. A good bit of info I did yield though; She grew up down the street from where her and Grampa lived after they first married. She told me when Great Grampa got off work at the Hudson Plant he'd drive his new Maroon Essex home. When he was down the street he'd honk the horn and the kids would go in the alley to open the garage for him.

When I get ready to sit down and put it together I'll check that out JT1 ,I suspect my aunt has a lot of that work done all ready though.

Yooperindetroit
Username: Yooperindetroit

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mikem, I am trying to find who lived at 152 Hunt in Detroit in the early 1890's. Do you know anything or is the census records not complete then?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.