Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » More competition for metro Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2190
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seven southeastern US universities to form automotive research alliance

http://www.cdispatch.com/artic les/2007/05/18/local_news/star kville/starkville02.txt

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 260
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the heads up!

Sorry to burst the south's bubble, but automotive R&D is rooted in the north and always will be. Stronger university alliance, superior infrastructure, just as strong investment in start ups and sustainability.

Nashville can claim to be the new Motor City, as a semi-recent media article proclaimed, but the only weight that will carry is the fact that the south is able to kick the north when it's down. Someday, there will be an economic equilibrium and the north will come out on top.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

competition is a good thing

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 912
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, competition is always a good thing. That's why, whn I have children, I am going to force them to compete against each other for love, food and protection. I'm also going to have my friends compete against each other for my companionship. Also, when I get married, I would like to have multiple spouses, so they can compete for my affection and financial assistance.

Wouldn't it be nice for some other things to happen that could make us more competitive? Like, say, chattel slavery. That would probably attract investment. Actually, why not do as Jonathan Swift suggested and start eating our surplus children. What a drag they are on productivity! We could be turning our unwanted infants into burgers, reducing social expenses and feeding our hungry. You can't shackle progress!

(THE PREVIOUS WAS, OBVIOUSLY, SATIRE)

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ And being so, you should compete against Shakespeare! You'd be legendary. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.