Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Re-Greening of Detroit Pod on Current.tv « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Soulsauce
Username: Soulsauce

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just happened to catch this earlier on cable.

I can't decide if I like it or not.

http://www.current.tv/pods/iss ue/PD06105

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 169
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

old news

Dbest
Username: Dbest

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya whats this guys agenda? Seemed to be a bit one sided if you ask me, Luis Aguilar seemed to be a bit negative too, kinda funny how hes spending time downtown at starbucks and on the other hand fails to mention thats its located below a new condo developement in the city? Sure this guy drives a honda or toyota!

Sturge
Username: Sturge

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They show the Book Cadillac as an example of an abandoned building but fail to mention its being renovated.

Davidmausolf
Username: Davidmausolf

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is two different perspectives.

In 2000 Downtown Detroit really was just horrible, I even felt unsafe sometimes walking around downtown. Since I dont normally live in Detroit and come back once a year I get to see the transformation, and it seems that downtown detroit seems to be transforming into a young urban hub.

There stills needs to be some more high paying jobs to enter the market, but I really do see Downtown Detroit turning into a viable hub of Michigan in the next 10 years.

Soulsauce
Username: Soulsauce

Post Number: 213
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know.

The odd thing is, on the website, this is portrayed as a positive piece. Sort of like "the decline of a great city leads us back to nature."

I couldn't help but crack up as they stood there trying to coax out the pheasant, but the hawk circling overhead was just a little to close to the image of a vulture waiting for an animal (Detroit?) to die so that it could feed off of the dead body.

Again, I can't figure out the real point of the clip...if there is one.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.