Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Salad Creations on Woodward - Opening Wed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There has been a flurry of work there over the past month or so. I walked by last week and talked to a guy hanging a decal on the door. He said they were opening this Wednesday.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4153
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where are they going to be located?

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 200
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Salad Creations" will be located on Woodward Ave. next to CVS. Perfect location for a healthy alternative.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1247
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great news. Now at least they could advertise.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2070
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah maybe they will do that once they are actually open.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Yeah maybe they will do that once they are actually open."

I meant TV and Radio Ads, like IKEA did. Of course they must put out their Wonderful "Grand Opening" sign, so I wasn't talking about it.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to their site, they're 2 locations preparing to open. I wonder if they're both in Downtown Detroit. One's Separately owned and the one on Woodward is owned by the Company.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2071
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I meant TV and Radio Ads, like IKEA did. Of course they must put out their Wonderful "Grand Opening" sign, so I wasn't talking about it."

Rrrrrrright.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 676
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

One's Separately owned and the one on Woodward is owned by the Company.

How do you deduce from their website that the Woodward location is company owned and not a franchise Urbanize? Did you email Anthony Ciotti & Luciano Gonzalez and ASK them?

Quozl

Post Number: 678
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Urbanize, since you have some free time today, you may want to brush up on your English usage.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1672
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl, LMFAO!!! But you're beating your head against a wall here... Urbanize is the guy who says "should of" and "would of." (Yeah, that's right, we're talking about second-grade-level stuff: "should've" for "should have" and "would've" for "would have.")

Quozl

Post Number: 679
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the kind advice Fury13. I am still trying to figure out why the "S" in separately is capitalized. Maybe it is a secret code of the Knights Templar like in the movie "National Treasure"?

(Message edited by quozl on May 21, 2007)

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Capitalization Makes Every Word Much More Important.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2226
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice addition to the Downtown lunch scene!

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2227
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I mean lunch seen!

Urbanize

Post Number: 1254
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can very well talk and/or type using "proper" English and Grammar if I felt like it, but it takes up my typing time and of course it's easier to type the 0 before the 100. As long as the "Grammar Judges" understand my point, then my word usage shouldn't even matter.

(Message edited by Urbanize on May 21, 2007)

Restoretheroar
Username: Restoretheroar

Post Number: 724
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. What a debacle.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 201
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the perfect addition to the Main drag. Hard Rock, The Woodward, Eph's, Shields pizza Detroit Breakfast House. Now a Mc Donalds would really get things going

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4156
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<<<Prefer's a Wendy's there...

Quozl

Post Number: 681
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I can very well talk and/or type using "proper" English and Grammar if I felt like it, but it takes up my typing time...

Huh? Though it would be great if you could utilize correct (not proper) grammar and spelling in your posts, it is your incessant spewing of half-truths, cop-outs and useless excuses that is bothersome...U R Da Man Urbaneyes!

You never did answer how you deduce from their website that the Woodward location is company owned and not a franchise. I bet you pulled it out of the Ole Urbaneyes HOT Fresh BS Hat, correct?

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4437
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So will their be a lot of salad tossing going on?

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 4157
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Patrick...

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 883
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I can very well talk and/or type using "proper" English and Grammar if I felt like it, but it takes up my typing time and of course it's easier to type the 0 before the 100.

It appears that you did not feel like using "proper" English or grammar in this instance.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 272
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanize, if you think blatant spelling and grammatical errors make you look cool, think again. All they really do is make you look stupid or lazy or both.

Quozl

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Urbanize:

I emailed Anthony Ciotti at Salad Creations. I just received a response:

quote:

All of our locations in Michigan are franchisee owned and operated. The first two will be owned and operated by myself and my partner. We will be open this Wednesday, May 23 so come by and check us out. We are located at 1043 Woodward across the street from Compuware.

Anthony Ciotti

As usual, you are full of baloney Urbaneyes.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys, cut it out. This is not about grammer, its about a new restaurant on Woodward. Fighting ebonics is like fighting with our kids to wear belts so their pants don't sag, stop getting tatoos and piercings, and listed to soft rock instead of hip-hop.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 273
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downtown_remix, what this is about is being able to communicate using the English language. Frankly, some of the posts on this forum are so badly written I don’t have a clue as to what these people were trying to say.

(Message edited by Ramcharger on May 21, 2007)

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 811
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Fighting ebonics is like fighting with our kids to wear belts so their pants don't sag,"

Poor grammar and ebonics are not one and the same.

Quozl

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with you 100% Iheartthed. My problem is when said poster (Urbanize) spews rubbish and writes: "One's Separately owned and the one on Woodward is owned by the Company." and he cannot or refuses to back up the claim.

His assertion that "the one on Woodward is owned by the Company" turned out to be a TOTAL FABRICATION, like much of the junk he posts. His claim that he is in such a rush to post his TOTAL FABRICATIONS that he COULD if he had time incorporate "proper" English and grammar but that "takes up his typing time" is laughable.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 203
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Define ebonics
Define Poor grammar

Quozl

Post Number: 685
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do it yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E bonics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G rammar

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 204
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aaaw damn, i tried to make a point but i didnt realize there has been a long track record of non-understandable posts

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 206
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cant wait to go for lunch tomarow

Ro_resident
Username: Ro_resident

Post Number: 232
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is getting lunch at Salad Creations then a little dessert across the street at Ben and Jerry's the same as ordering a double Whopper with cheese and a large fries with a Diet Coke?

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 732
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There have been street teams hitting Campus Martius for a couple of days now, since the Hoedown.

From the menu:
Create your own salad - $6.99 (veggies only, meat $2.25 extra)

18 Homemade dressings

7 Types or fresh wraps (woo-hoo Boca Veggie!) - $6.99

Featured salads - $4.99 to $7.99

Typical downtown prices.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 207
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very cool and much needed for the continual evolution of downtown. Now a Motown Cafe would be the kicker

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5899
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Salad Creations will be a great start to fill up the Woodward Business corridor and beyond. YAY DETROIT! City on the grow.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 265
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out this link for the answer to the other locations in the Metro. Also, make note of the DATE of the article. lol :-)

http://www.saladcreations.net/ images/customers/128221/storag e/1-11-07%20-%20DETROIT%20NEWS .PDF

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Salad Creations Woodward Ave, fills a nitch in downtown food options.

Juanita's restaurant under construction in the formal Madison theater, Grand Circus Park.

Shields Pizza opening in Kales Apt, Grand Circus Park.

Asian Village, Asian inpired dining on riverfront next to Ren Cen.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 212
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Went today for the grand opening. Great lookin spot, very clean, nice staff, fresh produce. Ordered a garden salad to go. cant wait to eat it. Spoke with the owner gave him congrads. very happy to see them there. Even at 2:30 pm there was a healthy crowd.

Downtown_remix

Post Number: 224
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

check this place out guys

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 835
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Great lookin spot, very clean, nice staff, fresh produce."

If the produce isn't fresh on the first day... that place would be in serious trouble.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 269
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yah that would be like ordering all the produce supply, but forgetting about the lettuce. lol

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 486
Posted on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice line at lunch time today.... hope it does well. The tinted windows in the place dont help though... It'd be nice for it to be more visible from the street.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.