Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Why does this official need security detail? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 297
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070523/NEWS01/ 705230426

The article is about the former Detroit School district chief still driving a district owned vehicle. Now, the fact that the cash strapped board is providing perks like this seems somewhat troublesome in its own right, but what is the most irritating is that the second car they gave him was for his security detail…..Security detail? Why the heck does he need security detail? I am sorry, but many of the Detroit officials who have detail do not merit it. This seems like an unnecessary expense for a cash strapped school district and city….my example of the city is Carlita Kilpatrick…

Buddyinrichmond
Username: Buddyinrichmond

Post Number: 179
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you ever seen the coverage of the school board meetings? This is one dude, former or not, that might want to load up with glocks and dobies.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really dont have a problem with a security person driving them around in their OWN car. People are so hostile about the board of education, I would fear or my life if I were them. But they should be in their OWN car.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1499
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you know if Coleman has received death threats?

If so, that's a good place to start.

Jtw
Username: Jtw

Post Number: 127
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Overheard during the interview process for the district chief's security detail:
"Would you be willing to take a grape in the chest for him?"

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 298
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much would some of you estimate is spent on this detail a year for him???? Also, include the vehicle expenses that this detail needs.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 817
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know when Burnley was still head of DPS he supposedly got threats at his home which led to 24 hour protection...

(Message edited by iheartthed on May 23, 2007)

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL @ Jtw...

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 339
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Question: "Why does this official need security detail? "

Answer: Because the powers at be in this city have let it become so dangerous that they are even afraid to venture alone.

Look at the reason for the bus driver strike.

When will the citizens in this city wake up?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.