Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit Tigers Victory Song « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I vote they make it "Hello, Detroit."

Jokerman
Username: Jokerman

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're all behind our baseball team
Go get 'em, Tigers
World Series Bound and picking up steam,
Go get 'em Tigers

There'll be joy in Tigertown,
you wait and see
When the Tigers bring the pennant back
where it oughta be

We're all behind our Baseball team,
Go get 'em, Detroit Tigers,
Go get 'em Tigers!

Ddmoore54
Username: Ddmoore54

Post Number: 325
Posted on Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently the Tigers hate Go get'em Tigers and that is why they no longer play it after wins. Nate Robertson talked about what a buzz kill it was to hear it after victories. I like the history of it and disagree, but ohh well.

Mallory
Username: Mallory

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gplimpton, I wonder how many people KNOW "Hello Detroit." I haven't heard it in 20 years, yet I think I remember most every word. When I was a DJ on the Boblo boat in 1984, we had to play it every time the boat approached the city. My visual cue was the Ambassador Bridge. As soon as we passed under it, I fired off Sammy Davis Jr. The song was extremely hokey, but I still like it.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 492
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it was:

"There'll be joy in Tiger town, we'll sing you songs
When the Tigers bring the pennant home where it belongs"

Thats the version I have in .MP3.

Larryinflorida
Username: Larryinflorida

Post Number: 416
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Tiger, tigers...rah rah rah.

Cardinals, cardinals...boo boo boo"

Repeat several times

~1968

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes!

But who doesn't like 1968. If the Tigers stoped liking "take me out to the ball game" would they stop that too?

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 138
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor?

Come on! You love a cheesy 80's tune!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.