Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What's Up With All of the Police on Jefferson? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While coming back from Mexican Town, I spotted at least 7 DPD Traffic Enforcement Unit vehicles, 4 of which were engaged with someone (3 were with one car actually) along Jefferson between Joseph Campeau and E. Grand Blvd. Anyone know if there is some special campaign this weekend?

(Message edited by SCS100 on June 01, 2007)

Chico
Username: Chico

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably a seatbelt enforcement zone. They had one further out Jefferson last weekend. I saw a few Downriver a couple weeks ago. Same deal. Once officer is the spotter, and they have four of five cars at the ready that he radios to when he spots a violator.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was the only thing I could think of at that time. Thanks for the clarification.

Rfban
Username: Rfban

Post Number: 84
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When we drove by it look like they were all just having a good time standing in a circle with all of the cars parked.

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 293
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wasn't in that area, but there were a swarm of FBI agents and a guy who looked like he might have been a trucker with his hands cuffed in the Kmart parking lot at harper and 9 mile tonight. I don't know what was going on, but it looked like cars pulled in from every direction all still sitting there with doors open.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2851
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No way. That could be the most random place for that sort of thing. The Harper K-mart couldn't be a more boring setting, usually.

I thought this thread may have been about more speed enforcement on Jefferson. It will be a shame when they do start enforcing and I can't make it downtown in 10 minutes from the childhood home if I wanted to. Just kidding. It will mean that enough law and order has been restored in Detroit such that police can pay attention to preventing accidents.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2257
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harsens - There have been times when authorities will let a known shipment of contraband (usually pot) through customs, then follow it to see where it gets delivered, making the bust there - you might have seen something like that.

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

High School Prom night. There were 2 proms at the Roostertail and a few at Sinbads among others along the river. We were warned ahead of time that police would be all over that area. I saw numerous police stops on my way home (although none that I could spot were prom-goers).

Ja1mz
Username: Ja1mz

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 4:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was large sweep of seatbelt squads yesterday all over, at 12/hoover the same thing was happening yesterday afternoon,5-6 police cars swarming 1 motorist....

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 294
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have also seen the cops out more since they announced the seatbelt crackdown.

My first thought is the nine mile thing was a drug bust since it was only FBI agents and a big semi sitting there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.