Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Classic Traffic Signal of the Week (6-4-07) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroit_signal
Username: Detroit_signal

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This week's classic is from Hamtramck. It is an Eaglelux model signal by Eagle Signal. Because it has no logos on the rear side, this signal was probably manufactured in the late 1930s to early 1940s. It looks like it was never repainted during the last 70 years either. This signal features glass lenses and reflectors and sits/sat across from the fire station on Caniff.

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 391
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't this the single that features a "big red" lamp atop one of the faces? Do you have any photos including the large red light too?

As a side note, the old lights are still in place at Tireman/Littlefield/Esper, but are now set to blinking red in all directions. New signals are hanging but are not functional yet.

I really appreciate all of these classic traffic light threads and photos. I don't always reply to some of them, but I carefully study each photo, and end up finding some familiar sights where I've been myself! Thanks for sharing :-)

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 580
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that’s so sexxxy! Check out the curves on the visors, oh la la! Thanks Detroit_signal, you should call these 'pin-ups'.

Detroit_signal

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do have a picture of the big red lamp Buster, but I have to look around. I'll post it here when I find it.

Detroit_signal

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here you go Buster.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.