Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The Motor City Scramble « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Motorcityscramble
Username: Motorcityscramble

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone! I found your site and I wanted to share something positive that I have created for the city of Detroit. It's an event called the "Motor City Scramble" and can best be described as a combination scavenger hunt and obstacle course race. Fans of the TV show "The Amazing Race" will be familiar with the concept - teams of two race on foot to specified locations or "Scramble Spots" where they must perform various mental and physical tasks. The team that completes the most tasks in the fastest time, wins!
The Scramble will take place on Saturday, September 29, 2007. I have booked Campus Martius Park for the day and that is going to be where the Start/Finish line will be. There will also be a free concert for all Metro Detroiters to come and enjoy as the racers are off performing tasks.
The "Scramble Spots" are made up of restaurants and other business throughout the downtown area that have agreed to participate. I just thought it would be a fun way for people to experience newly opened shops or rediscover old favorites.
I figured some of you would like to know about it in advance seeing that the official announcement isn't coming for a few weeks yet.
So, keep your eyes/ears open for the "Motor City Scramble"!

I'm just one little person with a big idea. Hopefully my efforts will result in a positive, fun and exciting event that will put smiles on the faces of Metro Detroiters... even if it's just for a day.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9308
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds fun. I hope that it is a success.

quote:

I'm just one little person with a big idea

Ideas and follow through of any size are great and activities like this may help people bring in friends that may not otherwise want to hang out downtown.

As I see it if a few businesses make a few extra dollars and a few extra people are exposed to the city it will be a smashing success.

Jtw
Username: Jtw

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i agree, it sounds like a great event! best of luck.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2291
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

keep posting updates here - sounds like fun

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.