Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Painted Tigers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 145
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know if this has been brought up on here..so here goes!

Does anyone know about the painted tigers that are the metro area? I'm guessing it has to do with the Tigers...but i went to their site and couldn't find any info. Is there a website with the locations? Will they be auctioned?

I've seen one near Ford Field. One at Coolidge and 12 Mile. Another in downtown Farmington on Grand River.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 497
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its a project called TigerTown, similar to the cars that were out last year. I know there is one at Comerica Park and one inside the One Kennedy Square Building as well.... There are many in the burbs too

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2640
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.orchards.org/Tigert own_Childrens_Charities_Coalit ion.htm

Beadgrl

Post Number: 147
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the link. I was able to find out more on The Community House website. Here is a link to the map of painted tigers.

http://www.communityhouse.com/ events/documents/TigerTownMapF INALasofApril30_000.pdf

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1761
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why don't they just take about 20 of the superfluous tiger statues off of Comerica Park and distribute them around the metro area?

That would be killing two birds with one stone: getting art out to the suburbs and making the ballpark less gaudy at the same time.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5352
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One person's gaudy is another man's treasure.

Beadgrl

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Indeed, Smogboy! I love the design of Comerica Park. It has personality and an old style charm.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 300
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I started a thread about this over six weeks ago... didn't get a single response.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/91697/100095.html?117711 1347

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 305
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh oh, it looks like I applied the kiss of death to this thread as well.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^lol

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.