Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Northwestern Dodge « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove past Northwestern Dodge on 8 Mile today and the lot was empty and the letters were gone off the building.

Are they closed or did they just move location? If they closed, that's a shame such a long time dealership.

Urbanize
Username: Urbanize

Post Number: 1316
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed that too. Once one of the biggest Auto Malls on the Westside has just disappeared.

Mikefive
Username: Mikefive

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That dealership is not on the Dodge list of Metro Detroit dealers anymore. I don't know what happened but their phone number says that they permanently closed May 31.

(Message edited by Mikefive on June 07, 2007)

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're likely to see more of this with our economy and faltering auto industry.
What I thought was equally sad was the loss of established buisnesses and familiar dealer names when Oldsmobile got dropped. Fortunately many sold other product lines as well but not anything that sold enough to keep a dealer afloat. I recall one named Drummy who also sold Suzukis. Whens the last time you've even seen a Suzuki that wasn't a motorcycle?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 2240
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A snowmobile?

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 855
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suzuki makes the Chevrolet Aveo. It's a rebadged Suzuki Aerio......

Fnnm400
Username: Fnnm400

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am car shopping, went to "2" chevy dealers yesterday, Rinke in Center Line & Moran in Clinton Twp, Rinke wasn't interested in pricing since I wasn't doing anything till end of month and Moran I couldn't find any one to wait on me! I wonder why we aren't selling cars!

Fnnm400
Username: Fnnm400

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Drummy Olds has been closed for some time, the father passed away and I think the kids just closed it up. Interesting enough it was torn down and a large storage facility was built there with stores facing Eight Mile Rd.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Drummy Olds has been closed for some time, the father passed away and I think the kids just closed it up. Interesting enough it was torn down and a large storage facility was built there with stores facing Eight Mile Rd."

Well, it has store-front REtail. That's something.

Urbanize

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It closed back in '01 if I recall.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.