Post Number: 16
|Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 1:03 am: || |
Can anyone provide text and/or photo updates on any of the active construction or restoration projects that haven't been included in the most recent postings, such as:
- Vinton Building (condo interior buildout and ground-level exterior completion)
- Crystal Lofts and other nearby former ballroom (restoration/condo development)
- Asian Village (interior buildout)
- Fort Shelby (interior demolition)
- Rosa Parks Transit Center (site preparation)
- DTE grounds (park development)
- Dequindre Cut (trail development)
- Atwater St. infrastructure in Tricentennial Park phase II (pavement, lights, etc.)
- Gabriel Richard, Harbortown and other newly-opened RiverWalk areas besides Rivard Plaza
- anything else
(If I were currently in the area, I would do a photo tour myself; hopefully I'll be back soon and can provide a subsequent one.)
Post Number: 532
|Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 9:39 am: || |
A lot of these have been posted on. Use the search tools on the site and I think you will get a lot of your own answers
Post Number: 17
|Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 10:18 am: || |
Thanks. I'm talking more about just the last few days since the previous postings on those items. I did first do a search to be sure I didn't miss any postings more recent than I had read, but it's not a very efficient way of getting information.
It would be nice to have a single page clearly listing all active projects (one thread per project with the subject clearly identifying the project, where posters could add updates for those projects as they develop, rather than having such news all interspersed with non-development items and personal discussions, often under unrelated threads.
Maybe we could create this list as a DISCUSS DETROIT sub-forum of strictly development-focused threads.
Post Number: 1207
|Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 10:26 am: || |
Model D is the closest thing that exists to what you describe.
Herding cats would be easier than trying to create such a thread here.