Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Festival of the Arts « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beautiful day for the festival today. Some pix to share-
http://s195.photobucket.com/al bums/z214/justbeamensch/Festiv al%20of%20the%20Arts%2007/

Imperfectly
Username: Imperfectly

Post Number: 244
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cool i think the artist with the pink hair might be my client....she did chalk drawings last year shes a student !

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 308
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool pics of that protest, I saw them come through.

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 258
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

love the guy carving sand with the hose....very cool

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 218
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone catch Genticorum?

Imperfectly
Username: Imperfectly

Post Number: 246
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm heading down today....a great band is playing at 6:30 on the WDET stage ....Wailin' Jennys. They are so good !!!

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1960
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm glad you caught Women In Black, I always go and this time I missed it. Excellent photos.

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were people dancing with reptiles today.

http://s195.photobucket.com/al bums/z214/justbeamensch/Festiv al%20of%20the%20Arts%2007/?act ion=view&current=festival26.jp g

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's going on here?

http://s195.photobucket.com/al bums/z214/justbeamensch/Festiv al%20of%20the%20Arts%2007/?act ion=view&current=festival17.jp g

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 5190
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wailin' Jennys. They are so good !!!

Thanks, Imperfectly, for the heads-up, they possibly will be my new favorite folkie-women band.

Had a great time! Will even let the organizers off the hook for bringing in all those non-Detroit musicians, good music is good music, no matter from where it originates.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 318
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tetsua, That was the dinosaurs from the netherlands They were incredible, the highlight of the festival to me!!!!!

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2335
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those "dinosaurs" are a performance act called Saurus. The Close Act company of performance artists has a number of different acts. Find out more about Saurus here: http://www.closeact.nl/content /actsstory.asp?ActsID=36&ACT=S AU’RUS&lang=E

And check out some of their other acts too!! Way cool!!!!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9425
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They really freaked out the kids when they showed up at the end of Saturday. I'd bet they caused some missed sleep for a few of 'em.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 726
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love this festival. Great performer and people watching. Wonderful weather. I think its starting to knock off Jazz Fest for my favorite one..

Cjdb16
Username: Cjdb16

Post Number: 164
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone else see Angela from Project Runway selling her rosettes (and some purses and belts and stuff)?

I was so excited when I spotted her!

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Carolina Chocolate Drops were also superb--an all-black country string band from North Carolina that reconnected with some of the African-American roots of that music and also looked forward to jazz, blues, and even some acoustic hip-hop. Thumbs down to whoever scheduled them opposite the Wailin' Jennys (whom I also enjoy), but I guess there was a lot of good music to hear. And yes, the dinosaurs were really something else.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Did anyone else see Angela from Project Runway selling her rosettes (and some purses and belts and stuff)?

I was so excited when I spotted her!

Awesome, was she still chock full o'crazy?

I knew there was a reason I should have gone this year...

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 727
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah she was there. That was kinda funny.
The Bulgarian Beat box group were great

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.