Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » I guess that we don't need the federal government's help after all... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2752
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder what the democrats (i.e. Obama and just yesterday Hillary) will do once this no longer becomes a campaign issue?

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 125
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting idea, very preliminary, but shows that capitalism is still functioning (thank G-d)

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will they run it as well as they've run their own companies?

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1375
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mcp001:

While that idea could make paying for healthcare cheaper for the Big 3, chances are that it would not put them on a level playing field with the Japanese...so this is a non-issue for the candidates

(Message edited by thejesus on June 10, 2007)

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5626
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the absence of universal healthcare, and with the unions still very much alive, did they really have any other choice? When you see your ship sinking, you have to do something. This isn't some plan devised out of some grand, capitalistic vision, if anything, this looks to be devised out of sheer circumstance and desperation.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 909
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The trouble with health care is people should not have to pay for it. The government should provide it for free. That way it won't cost anything, right?

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2753
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm hoping that's sarcasm?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.