Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » How About That! Verlander pitches 1st Comerica Park no hitter » Justin Verlander Throws No-Hitter For Tigers Against Milwaukee Brewers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 995
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgive me for pushing sports into the non-sports area of the Discuss Detroit section. I just, so badly, wanted to have a thread with that title. Oh My God, the kid really did it.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1414
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it was amazing i was there!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 997
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chitaku, if you live to be 120 years old, I'll bet you will still never forget that game.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 327
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First since 84'

Bohemianrobot
Username: Bohemianrobot

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a great feeling to witness such a spectacular performance by Mr. Verlander! Twelve K's!!! You are very lucky, Chitaku.

ESPN has been covering this achievement non-stop since it happened. :-)

(Message edited by bohemianrobot on June 12, 2007)

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2934
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I watch 90 percent of Tigers games. I didn't watch this to go exercise instead. I hate myself. I should be banned from the stadium for a year for this. Chitaku, I would have given anything to see a no-hitter in person. That game wasn't quite sold out, was it? I swear I will get season tickets and never miss a game as soon as I get the money. Our best bet for seeing another no-no is J. Verlander, again, probably in the next 5-8 years.

Congrats, Justin.

Go Tigers.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a beautiful night for the game. The attendance was 33,555. I don't know what the stadium's maximum capacity is.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2937
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

41k seats, 42+ with SR. Too bad a few more people couldn't see it in person. I wonder if anyone downtown watching the game on tv in the 6th or 7th inning would have been able to get in the stadium at that point to see it.

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 204
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its greater than 42k. That was the capacity before the relocation of the bullpen. Opening day 2007 attendance was 44,297

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attendance was only 33,555. Glad I was one of them.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 408
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What kinda dummy would pass up a free ticket on a night like this with Verlander pitching?

Oh yeah--that would be me...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.