Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Most newly developed suburb that shares a border with Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 442
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the most newly developed suburb that shares a border with Detroit? I say Southfield.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

homelessville. it's not legally incorporated as of this time, but the folks living under the i75 overpass at eight-mile qualify.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 935
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

homelessville

Nothing new about that. Back in the 30's, the inner-ring suburb of Detroit where I grew up had a homeless man named "Duco Mike" (the town's population was only about 3,000 at the time). When he needed shelter, he would use the ice shed behind one of the local businesses. With a colorful nickname like "Duco", it's clear that there is nothing new about "huffing", either.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 437
Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Though the city is old Ford land with all the development is a newer part of town along Detroit. It always is quite a site going down Southfield and passing Paul St into Dearborn (Yes I know the D on the west goes to Ford Rd.).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.