Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Tigers game tailgating « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sitlet
Username: Sitlet

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a bunch of my friends from california are coming to see a tigers game. i was wondering, where is the best place, if any, to tailgate before the game? i know you cant tailgate in any of the olympia gravel lots. what about grand circus park? we probably wont be consuming alcohol, just grilling with a small grill and listening to music.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Eastern Market just for tailgating during the Lions games? Seems that there aren't too many that tailgate for a baseball game, but it is an interesting idea nonetheless.

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont think too many people really tailgate anything other than opening day. Why not take them out to one of the great bars and/or restaurants in the area?

Conman
Username: Conman

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Be careful if you plan to have a couple of cocktails while tailgating, the police WILL give you a ticket if they see you drinking in public.
Have fun...

Ddmoore54
Username: Ddmoore54

Post Number: 326
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just go to the Pit Stop and drink $2 Stroh's

Lizaanne
Username: Lizaanne

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheli's has an awesome view from their different decks, and the food is good. And only a 1 minute walk to the stadium.

Going to the game myself next Tuesday!! Woo hoo!!
:-)
~Liza

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1051
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Cheli's is money if you can get outside.

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 789
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Be careful if you plan to have a couple of cocktails while tailgating, the police WILL give you a ticket if they see you drinking in public

Maybe Supersport will step up to the plate and tell us all about "alcohol consumption in public view" before a Tigers game?

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 106
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you can tailgate in any lot that you pay to park in for the most part they are privately owned so the police have no control over if you drink or have a grill/fire

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 95
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 4:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know that there is a private lot across from the DAC (towards greektown) that allows you to tailgate. We did it for the playoffs last year.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You never did say which weekend, but did you find a place Sitlet?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11613
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Maybe Supersport will step up to the plate and tell us all about "alcohol consumption in public view" before a Tigers game?

"Alcohol consumption in public view" before a Tigers game is essentially the consumption of alcohol within the view of the public, prior to a Tigers home game. Hope that helps ya out Qzle. If you'd like to know what "alcohol consumption in public view" prior to a Lions game is all about, let me know, as I can fill you in on that as well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.