Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Metro Detroit road construction « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 677
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talking on another board about road construction. Bad? Good? in your area.

I know if I was downstate I would have answered *hell yes, its bad* but here up, hardly any at all. Maybe its because of fewer cars, and not throwing salt on the roads?

Anyway, what is the road construction like in the Metro area this summer? I know there was some project slated for 75 that is going is mess up travel back and forth Up North again. Thankfully we can avoid that for most of the summer

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, I was happy to see that the interchange from southbound Southfield freeway to West I-96 had NOT been closed yet this summer, b/c it WAS closed for the past 3 summers in a row...

But Sheldon road near M-14 has been closed for like 6 months, and the detour is soooo long....

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2334
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many of these projects are ones that were moved up on the calendar to keep companies working, aren't they?

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 680
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anyone tell me about the 75 project? where and when it starts?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9425
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I honestly haven't seen the level of construction of past years. Maybe I'm on driving on the right roads for the time of year.

Miss_Cleo: MDOT's list of major road projects can be found at: http://michigan.gov/mdot/0,160 7,7-151--112453--,00.html

the select by region/county/raod option is:

http://mdotwas1.mdot.state.mi. us/public/construction_map/

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Many of these projects are ones that were moved up on the calendar to keep companies working, aren't they?"

The M-14/Sheldon Road interchange had long been rumored for a redo. The problem was that Sheldon had a RR crossing just past the south side of M-14. Bad enough to have a freeway interchange let alone a busy RR at that same point.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 661
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Construction has seemed pretty terrible to me. Coolidge is under construction, Southfield Fwy has had construction, Telegraph, the Lodge of course.. Making any North/South trip has become a challenge.

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Woodward Loop in Pontiac has been under the orange barrel siege for almost 2 months now. They are nearly done with the Loop and will head south. I believe they are supposed to go all the way down to 14 Mile Rd in Royal Oak. In fact, I was down that way a few weeks ago and they had lane closures from 14 to Quarton/Big Beaver. Let's see if they'll be done by Dream Cruise time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.