Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Asian Village opening Friday (fingers crossed)! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Walked out with my friend yesterday to eat lunch on the Riverwalk, and even in that heat it was bustling. On the way back we walked into Asian Village and asked how it was coming along. The answer: it'll be open Friday, "keep your fingers crossed." It sure didn't look ready to open (nothing looked stocked at all), but I understand such things can come together at the last minute. The crowds on the Riverwalk would seem to bode well for the success of the project if they deliver something distinctive.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6076
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY! Asian Village, and they didn't use that much city money.

Lizaanne
Username: Lizaanne

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be down there Tuesday for the Tigers game - will have to check it out!! Have been looking forward to that opening!

~Liza

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it too late to invoke Skipper's Rule?

Friday is obviously a good target date for them, though, with River Days coming up this weekend.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 205
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What took so long? First it was going to open for the NAIAS, then it was early March, now we're almost in to July and it is still not open.

Gingellgirl
Username: Gingellgirl

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paste this in your bookmarks:
http://www.myasianvillage.com/
You're going to need it to make reservations.
Good luck, Dominic!

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5373
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Invoking Skipper's Rules, when you see it, believe it.

jjaba.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 364
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cant wait to get some spicy tuna rolls

Jjaba

Post Number: 5376
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What street runs into it and where do you park down there?

jjaba.

Rms
Username: Rms

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's at the corner of Beaubien and Atwater. There are several parking structures nearby, including the one in which Asian Village makes up the first floor retail (structure on top). There is some nearby street parking if you don't mind a walk. I can't think of any quick parking for a run in and out, other than the structure above AV.

Jjaba

Post Number: 5379
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rms, thanks and welcome to Forum.
jjaba doesn't know the Eastside but Beaubien can't be far from downtown since the Police Station is on that street.

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's right next to the RenCen Jjaba.

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1750
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I can't think of any quick parking for a run in and out, other than the structure above AV.

Rms, I don't think that's close enough. I'm looking for something really quick. Is there a way I can park inside the store?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.