Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Warren and Brush apt demo? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4575
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont know if this has been discussed but an older apt building was taken down within the last few days right near the VA. It was painted blue, but at one time was rather ornate. It was behind the CVS/RiteAid right there on the corner. What was this building? it was there a few days ago and now it's gone.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1703
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they were working on it most of sunday. most recently it appeared to be records storage of some sort, presumably for the hospital(s) nearby?

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 89
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just looking at that building last week.
It must have been knocked down over the weekend.
More parking! yay!

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3370
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were three apartment buildings on that block; the Anna S, the Victoria, and the Windsor apartments. Probably the Victoria.

Rfban
Username: Rfban

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was also a beautiful house that they just demolished. I saw it only a week ago and can already barely remember what it used to look like...

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it on Garfield?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.