Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Lofts at Woodward and Cambourne - what's the hold up?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lizaanne
Username: Lizaanne

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that the lofts in Ferndale on Woodward near Cambourne are on hold because CBS won't take down their billboard. Has anyone heard that? What a bunch of garbage that is! I'm tired of seeing that empty lot - even if they are keeping it neat and clean, it's still an eyesore.

Anyone heard any updates?

~Liza

Kpm
Username: Kpm

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haven't heard anything on that project, but other loft projects in Ferndale seem to be hot:

Sterling Group loft projects in Ferndale selling quickly
metromode, 6/14/2007

Build it, price it competitively, and they will come.

That is the lesson the Detroit-based Sterling Group is learning with its two recently released Ferndale Loft projects: ID Woodward and Twelve:01.

So far 10 deposits have been taken on 18-unit ID Woodward development and two more deposits have been taken on the 21-unit Twelve:01 project. The developer expected to have 40 percent of the units reserved in the first 90 days, but is on track to have half of them sold within the first 60 days.

The price point is one of the biggest features of these two projects. Prices for the Twelve:01 lofts start at $118,000 while the ID Woodward lofts begin at $130,000. Most of the units in both developments can be had for $150,000 or less. Sterling group is able to price the new construction lofts so low because it took underutilized properties and applied innovative design, maximizing how efficiently it uses space...

http://metromodemedia.com/devn ews/FerndaleLofts0023.aspx

Lizaanne
Username: Lizaanne

Post Number: 78
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was so excited to see that they are using the old library building!! Even if the entire inside is being gutted, at least they are keeping the very lovely architecture on the outside and turning it into lofts.

~Liza

L_b_patterson
Username: L_b_patterson

Post Number: 326
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

technically I think its an Old School Building. (if we are talking about the same building on E. Nine, between the current library parking lot and the Ferndale Commercial Building)

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 348
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it says library right on the front of it if I remember correctly.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Liza, is this the lot next Buffalo Wild Wings?

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 865
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

L_B_Patterson...

You're right, it was an original Ferndale school building, and as the school system expanded, the district offices moved in there. And Lizaanne is also correct, sort of. Until the current building was put up, the Ferndale Public Library was housed in the basement. This is where I first took out Lucius Beebe and Charles Clegg's "Highliners: A Railroad Album"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.