Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Marty Feldman Chevrolet « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Qweek
Username: Qweek

Post Number: 315
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My brother inlaw won a car yesterday at Marty Feldman Chevrolet. The lucky guy received a coupon in the mail for $1500.00 off a new purchase and attached to it was a key with a statement saying "Come in and try to open the door to a new car and win it". His key unlocked the door, a one in 15,000 chance he was told.
So, if you ever get one of these mailers don't just through it away, go in and try it.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2354
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What kind of car?

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A 1997 Lumina with only 110,000 miles
j/k!

Qweek

Post Number: 316
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.chevrolet.com/cobal t/photogallery/

2007 Cobalt. It's small, $15,000, gets better gas mileage than his truck though!

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 950
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I loved that Marty Feldman fellow in Young Frankenstein but I didn't know he had a car dealership, too.

Marty Feldman, 1934-1982

Qweek

Post Number: 317
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-), Igor.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Qweek, not Igor, Eyegor...lol

Favorite part of the movie, is when he is on the roof playing his Conn 8d French horn (naturally, I'm a hornist)...

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5505
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My parents bought a car from them a long time ago and I always chuckled at the name too.

Last night, on AMC they were running Young Frankenstein (or is that Young Franken-Shteen?) as well. It's always been one of my favorite movies of all time too. Gene Wilder's over the top, Peter Boyle was amazing, I still can't believe that's Gene Hackman, Teri Garr's adorable, Cloris Leachman (queue up the horses) as Frau Blucher was classic, and of course Marty Feldman made that movie.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 122
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe Marty is retired. His daughter runs that dealership, I believe.

His son Jay Feldman owns Jay Chevrolet in Highland. Nice people. My father used to work with them when he was at Chevrolet.

Glad to hear someone won. A Cobalt is better than an Aveo!

James

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9501
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he only has one daughter, I worked with her at the Gramophone many, many years ago...she was a very sweet and charming young lady, with the most distinctive voice. Sharp as a tack, too, I wouldn't be surprised if she was running the business.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.