Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Brush Park Village North « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 354
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sticking to my opinion that Hip City Living don't have their stuff together. They poured the foundations for Brush Park Village North in May and as far as I can tell, they haven't done a thing since! Are they short on financing?

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 183
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Theyve also seemingly purchased every run down historic mansion in the area, are there plans to renovate to bulldoze?

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 355
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So far, they are just letting those houses rot. One of their homes had a porch collapse in January and the rubble is still sitting there.

(Message edited by leland_palmer on August 26, 2007)

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6393
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The construction company had to go through some RED TAPE before any building surplies can come in. It's all part of Detroit's PREMIER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY.

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 356
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are selling their domain hipcityliving.com along with its CSS.

Skipp
Username: Skipp

Post Number: 145
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey leland, why are you so negative on the brush park north project? It's there first development in the city. Give them a break.

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 357
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want them to succeed, but I know of at least two houses that have deteriorated since they took possession. They have done nothing to stabilize them or do any clean up.

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 107
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The loft project seems to be low budget. I've only seen 1 or 2 people working on it. There was a steam shovel type thing moving a pile of dirt around then that went away.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2059
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"but I know of at least two houses that have deteriorated since they took possession. They have done nothing to stabilize them or do any clean up."

Do you mean the houses that have continuously been decaying for the past 50 years? Are you seriously going to put the blame on their shoulders? If they hadn't bought them, do you honestly think they'd be in any better condition

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 622
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

any progress on condo construction? there was a HipCityLiving insider posting around the time of this projects announcement...I forget who. Could he/she shine some light on this situation?

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4134
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing happening? So what is this? Chopped liver? :-) Shot on Erskine last week.

HipCity Living, Detroit

HipCity Living, Detroit

HipCity Living, Detroit

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 623
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

website has been updated to boot...though its a little confusing. Looks like one of those default advertisement sites you get when you mistype a domain

Leland_palmer

Post Number: 370
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm glad to see that business has picked up at the condo site.

If you bought a property than you intended to restore wouldn't you try to mitigate any further damage to the structure? As for the house with collapsed porch, that mess has been sitting there since January. The wreckage is sitting right next to their sign. Not good advertising in my opinion.

I'm sure that these restorations will eventually occur. It's been a few weeks since I've been by so I don't know if any cleanup has occurred. I'm looking forward to these projects getting off the ground.

*Damn spellcheck*

(Message edited by leland_palmer on September 11, 2007)

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mitigate

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4137
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One would think it will be in their interest to improve the other properties if they wish to sell the one they are building.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1307
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was always my impression of them, seeing the signs around..."wow, lipstick on a pig"

Do the work first, before you attach your name to shit that's falling down.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3663
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to get over there and see the progress in person. I was hoping for zero setback on the new buildings but probably won't get that. Certainly not shaping up poorly, though.

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 495
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the new condos being built off John R seems to be coming along very good. One of the real estate agents for crosswinds told me there goal is to renovate one victorian house a year. That may expain some peoples impatience with progress. The Garden Lofts are complete. Has anyone gone by to check em out?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6511
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well! by looking at Mr. Boileau's photo. The RED TAPE has been peeled off the construction has started on the new North Brush Park Condos. Detroit's PREMIER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY has begun.

By the way Mr. Boileau. Your son is in both of my communications classes. I've met him.

Be patient folks! Development of Housing and retail in Detroit is coming soon.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 412
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://downtownmotown.8k.com/R ainyChicago/2007_0928DetDev09_ 28_070184.jpg
http://downtownmotown.8k.com/R ainyChicago/2007_0928DetDev09_ 28_070185.jpg

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2236
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like they're coming along just fine to me

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3716
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Rocket_city. I like what I see so far; John R will be a great corridor when it is fully built-out again. I hope that sufficient first-floor retail space is provided (at other developments, because this clearly won't have that), though, to support continous foot traffic. Mixed-use is the only way to go. If the nearest grocery/convenience stores are downtown or by Wayne State, everyone who moves into BP will need a car. The zoning for the west of Woodward development opposite Brush Park needs to provide for retail space, too.

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 954
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll second Mackinaw's thanks for the pics. Those of us who do not live in the area LOVE pics since we seldom get to see these sights in person.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2386
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish some of these new style townhomes had more depth to them. These Brush Park North condos are not deep. When I pass the Crosswinds' New Center Lofts on Woodward, which look like they have the same shallowness, I find myself thinking every time that these lofts really don't have a lot of room. It would be great if someone could build more condos that have two first floor/basement rooms and then the garage with a deck on top. There are some condos on Bagley that have this style.

If the developers were interested in building these condos in the style of the original Victorian homes, they would have put more depth to them. I know, however, that they're trying to squeeze in as many condos as they can on the land they have, so that's probably why they're not deep.

Innercitydoc
Username: Innercitydoc

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much room is enough room in terms of sq. footage Royce? Most of the lofts at new center are about 1500 sq. feet.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1761
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Usually today, condo buildings that are single loaded are about 40 feet deep and double loaded buildings are about 70' deep. As these have direct access to the street (no corridor), expect them to be less than 40 feet, maybe as little as 30 feet deep.

Rfrankt
Username: Rfrankt

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This first building on the corner of John R and Erskine was designed to compliment existing structures, for example Patterson Terrace. Six of the Townhomes do have a small basement, rear loading garage and a true roof top deck.
Brush Park Village North was also able to “squeeze in” a community garden for its residents. Check out hipcitydetroit.com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.