Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Genealogy/Lindells AC - Please Share Memories « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fuggle77
Username: Fuggle77

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a new member and would like to say how much I have enjoyed reading your memories. I was born in Detroit, but moved when I was a very young child... so I have only very vague memories.

I have been doing some genealogy research. There are a few people who I have been trying to learn more about. The only common thread between them is that they hung out at Lindells... at the Cass and Bagley location, as well as the new one. Any tidbit of information you will recall will be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone remember a waitress there named Julia? She worked at the Cass and Bagley location and lived upstairs in the hotel.
She is about 5'6", slim with blonde hair. She also frequented Lindells up until the new locations closing.

I am also looking for any information about two men.... Louie Lahood and/or Tommy Lewis.

Thank you in advance for any memory you may be able to share. If you would like to share your memory privately, you may email me direct at springlilies593@yahoo.com.

Thank you again,
Alexa

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 791
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try contacting Sonny Eliot at WWJ-AM. The Lindell was his hangout, and he had an office upstairs.

Fuggle77

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you very much... I've just sent him an email!!!

Whithorn11446
Username: Whithorn11446

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On this forum occasionally is the son-in-law of the late Jimmy Butsicaris who owned the Lindell with his brother Johnny. John Butsicaris is still alive.

Fuggle77

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks... I will look out for him!

Quozl
Username: Quozl

Post Number: 1343
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This Louie Lahood you are looking for, how old would you say he is? Is he black or white?

Whithorn11446
Username: Whithorn11446

Post Number: 138
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fuggle77,
I am not sure if you have already looked at previous threads, but you may want to perform a search to find this previous thread (Lindell AC Jimmy Butsicaris auction) I am unable to provide the direct link. I posted some information about that area from the late 1950's. Hope something from there helps with your search.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2458
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this is the thread that Whithorn11446 referred to: https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/89914/96236.html

Fuggle77

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you both... much appreciated!!!

Fuggle77

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quozl
I am sorry, I missed your thread earlier. Yes he was very dark skinned, black syrian.... He passed away quite some time ago... He would be in his 70s, if he was still living.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.