Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » We didn't do It, Christine Beatty says « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 464
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This just in from 3rd Cicruit Court downtown:
quote:

Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's chief of staff and long-time friend, Christine Beatty, today vehemently denied having an affair with the mayor or exchanging sexual or romantic text messages using a city paging system.

. . . On the witness stand today, Beatty repeatedly answered "no" when asked by attorney Mike Stefani if she had an intimate relationship or intimate communication with Kilpatrick, who is married and the father of three sons.

Full report here.
x
Do you know who the f*** I am?!

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 600
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read that she denied sending text messages to him and vice versa. Can't they get those records anyway? If the attorney was smart, he would already have the records.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IS she looking at Kwame in that pic? She has the come hither look going on...

Bumble
Username: Bumble

Post Number: 323
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like, "Come hither and I'll suck your brains out"?

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1476
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's aged pretty badly since he's been in office...

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 838
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, how I love the shenanigans of my old classmates. :-)

Unclefrank
Username: Unclefrank

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She looks kinda scary in that photo

Conman
Username: Conman

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO THE F@#K SHE IS? : )

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 760
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yikes, I know I shouldnt say this but she kinda looks like hizzoner in drag

Realitycheck

Post Number: 469
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(Kenp refers to reposted photo below.)
quote:

She has the come hither look going on...

No offense intended, Raptor, but you really do need to get yourself laid.

And soon. Like before JoAnn Watson starts looking so fine.
x
'Ohh, bring that Raptor to me...'

. . . said with all due respect, brotha.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9937
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I heard she was testifying this morning on WDET, I immediately got an image of a Mike Thomson cartoon of her swearing in for the court.

"Y'all know who the fuck I am, so help me God."

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 180
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the #$%* is she supposed to say? You were expecting something like "Yeah, we've been knockin' it for years."?

No news here people. Move on...

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2584
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aside from this case she should have been gone long ago.Her character and ethics are compromised; based on the infamous traffic incident some years back. She was caught in a traffic violation.Instead of either paying the fine or fighting the charge she elected to try and throw her weight around.....apparently it worked. And that is sad. And what is also sad is that the chief and the mayors admin went along with it. Now I am not so naive as to believe people with power and influence don't get different treatment............but when it is so glaringly in the public spot light?..........makes no damn sense_ other than a figurative thumbing of the nose by Beatty et,al at those citizens that do the ehtical and honorable thing when they are confronted with things like traffic violations.

Realitycheck

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

No news here people. Move on...

Ah, silly me. Possibly adding perjury to arrogance and conflict of interest is just biz as usual to at least one Forumer . . .

. . . who presumably also doesn't care to hear about this afternoon's announcement by U.S. Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, 'cause "what the #$%* is he supposed to say?" Likewise most of what comes from Bush, Gen. Petraeus, Granholm . . . typically no news there, people.

Waz-up with that,Waz?

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 182
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lemme 'splain Lucy, All I'm saying is she was trying to protect herself. I wouldn't expect any other kind of testimony from her. That's why it's not news to me.
Sorry I'm not familiar with the Craig announcement, because I'm not a news junkie like one forumer.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 347
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Liars come in all colors and stature. No news there except these are supposed to be our leaders.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 294
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame: "...I don't whore around..."

Detroit's own "...I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky..."

I liked the part where the body guards discussed whether or not they'd need to use deadly force to protect Hizzoner in case Ms. Beatty's old man showed up while the big meeting was in progress.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 125
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't care who the #$%^ you are. Once you leave the city of Detroit You have no power.
In fact, when kwames out, you'll have no power HERE, either.

Man, I WISH the cop said that to her....

Mod
Username: Mod

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ugly bitch

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beatty's not that bad looking in person.......pretty good shape as well.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1782
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

apparently is difficult for others to believe that the allegations aren't true as well

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070830/NEW S01/708300353

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.