Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Housing bias case settled for $725K « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9894
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070830/METRO /708300381

Seems to me that some people that post here believe this stuff doesn't happen anymore.

The 'fee' to fill out the application is more common than a lot of people think. A friend of mine was shopping for apartments in Troy about 1-2 years ago. Of 5 places she looked at 2 had a sizeable 'fee' for her to fill out an application.

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 309
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"He (Schubiner) said it was my credit. I knew I had a few blemishes but I didn't think it was too bad," said Kalyn Jones, a social worker for the state Department of Human Services, who shortly thereafter was approved at a nearby complex.

Don't people know they should get their own credit reports and scores before they do things like buy a car, sign a lease, buy a home, etc. ??

Then they can refute this BS from the start.

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 273
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Out of that entire article you were able to find SOMETHING to shift fault. The article raises a number of issues and you just validated one of them.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9898
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think SG was saying that people should check their credit so when a scumbag like this guy (or his mgt company) turn you down due to credit issues you can call bs on the spot.

I din't see her shifting the blame to the victim.

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 310
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mw2gs, I am not intending to shift blame. I merely said there is a way to fight the BS from its inception.

Read my post again.

Mw2gs
Username: Mw2gs

Post Number: 274
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I knew I had a few blemishes but I didnt think it was too bad"

This statement does not indicate the applicant hadnt already checked his own credit report? It actually indicates the opposite.

This story is not an isolated incident....TRUST

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.