Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit News Writer (retired) Don Tschirhart « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Daf
Username: Daf

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don died yesterday of a heart attack. Don't have more info yet, but I would expect the funeral to be at St. Cornelius Catholic Church in Dryden (810-796-2926), and the funeral home would probably be Malburg in Romeo - that's where his son Kevin was laid out 10 years ago.

I knew Don vaguely through his kids - sons Dave and Kevin and I played together in the east side barband Ozzie in the late 70's, he ran the weekend entertainment column and would (sometimes) get us listed - but I finally got to be close friends with him 5-10 years ago when we worked together at St. Cornelius. I moved on in 2002, but still saw him occasionally. He was as vibrant as ever when I ran into him (at another funeral) a month ago.

He was a good guy, my wife was in tears. Okay, me too a little. I'll miss him.

Anyone else remember Don?

Daf (Jay)
Top of pageBottom of page

Daf
Username: Daf

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funeral Monday at St. Cornelius in Dryden, 11:00 am.

Funeral Home is NOT Malburg - it's Muir in Imlay City. Visitation 6-9 Saturday, 1-5 & 6-9 Sunday.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.